Anyone doing any Climbing these days? (Climbing thread!)

i climb at least 3times a week here in vegas at redrock and calico basin .. anyone in the area is free to join me i have plenty of extra gear!!!

It sucks living in an area that doesn't have any good spots to climb. We have a couple good routes but nothing to serious. My buddies and I are subject to a lot of indoor, which in turn isn't to bad, at least we get to ascend something.

Man I've always wanted to try climbing, but unfortunately living in South Florida there really isn't anything to climb. I think there's a indoor place somewhere around here though.

I started climbing indoor and then took off from there. Once I could climb well indoor and 2 of my friends finished a climbing course we went out and started setting up our own routes.

We put together a sick indoor wall in AFG. The team put money together and we bought a few boxes of holds, chalk and all that. A few of us bought shoes. REI is the shit, they ship fast and all of it gets here. We stole some pads from some HQs on a few different bases to break our falls. It's all free climb because we figured fuck it if you drop from the top and roll you should be ok, that and there is no way to really have a good tie off with most of the climb being horizontal not vertical. We made our gym walls 20 feet high to get some vertical and then spred the Rock wall across three corners. We even put in a roof section. Tried to add a pic but couldn't get it to work.

At any rate, Climb on friends and enjoy the outdoors when someone isn't trying to kill your ass!

We put together a sick indoor wall in AFG. The team put money together and we bought a few boxes of holds, chalk and all that. A few of us bought shoes. REI is the shit, they ship fast and all of it gets here. We stole some pads from some HQs on a few different bases to break our falls. It's all free climb because we figured fuck it if you drop from the top and roll you should be ok, that and there is no way to really have a good tie off with most of the climb being horizontal not vertical. We made our gym walls 20 feet high to get some vertical and then spred the Rock wall across three corners. We even put in a roof section. Tried to add a pic but couldn't get it to work.

At any rate, Climb on friends and enjoy the outdoors when someone isn't trying to kill your ass!

What FB did you build the wall? I am always looking for a good climb. There is a nice spot by Moorehead i climbed, and the Ghor is nice hike this time of year. Just stay on the correct side of the painted rocks :) red your dead, white your alright..

It's a little spot I'm still at and wont name right now, but It's a sick wall non the less. Can't wait to get home my goal is HalfDome before I come back here.

Funny enough, I just started climbing about 6 weeks ago. Theres plenty of indoor walls around San Diego, and I've hit up just about every one more than once. And hey, after weeks of trying I FINALLY got my first 5.10a today! I was freakin stoked!

I climbed into bed last night if that counts...or was that fell into bed? Ha..ha!
biggrin.png

Most of the pics are a bit more Alpine than I'm used to. I'll see if I can find some old pics. Most climbing in Sydney is done on sandstone. Of you don't like the hold you have, break it off and make a new one. Bouldering the south harbour bridge pylon can be fun as it's nice granite.

Most of the pics are a bit more Alpine than I'm used to. I'll see if I can find some old pics. Most climbing in Sydney is done on sandstone. Of you don't like the hold you have, break it off and make a new one. Bouldering the south harbour bridge pylon can be fun as it's nice granite.

Is the bridge free water solo climbing? I've always wanted to try something like that.

Not sure what you mean by free water but you can traverse around the pylons. There is a couple of areas in Sydney where you can do a bit of unaided stuff.

We used to do a little climbing inside caves, mostly scrambling or free climbing, but a little bit of technical work. I think I still have my old-school ascenders out in the garage.

Not sure what you mean by free water but you can traverse around the pylons. There is a couple of areas in Sydney where you can do a bit of unaided stuff.

It's just climbing a surface above a body of water. Instead of using equipment you just fall into the body of water and start over.

F@cking Arizona, I'm afraid to stick my hand into anything rocklike...never know what you'll find.

Yea no shit. Which is why I did not do much hiking or climbing when I was at Huachuca. Now I'm in Hawaii and ready to rock! No pun intended.

Back