Are energy drinks bad?

Marine0311

Marine
Verified Military
Are energy drinks bad?

I have a feeling they are and I should/must kick them and just drink coffee.

Thoughts and opinions?

Up until a month ago, I drank a few a week, then I decided to kick it like I did dip, and I feel fine. A few days into it, I felt like I NEEDED one, I was feeling lethargic, sluggish, slower in the mornings. Now, I’m doing better than I was while drinking them. I guess the body knows a thing or two about providing the right stuff.

Energy drinks are bad for your heart.

Ask me how I know ;)

From 89-01, I had annual sub/flight physicals on active duty with one waiver: hay fever.

I was in Mosul from 07-08 and POUNDED multiple Rip-its per day, in addition to coffee in the mornings.

In 09, I failed a MEPS physical due to abnormal EKG and had to jump through multiple hoops at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore to get detailed waiver to enlist.

Change your diet (raw foods) and you will be surprised how much more energy you’ll have throughout the (normal) day.

If you're feeling sluggish, lethargic, slow...

Drink H2O straight up, nothing added.

Reasoning? Dehydration - big signal are the feelings above.

Bonus. Combating dehydration shows effects within minutes and has no bad side effects.

LL

I beg to differ. I drink a few Nalgene bottles of water each shift and this always happens on a bathroom run.
signal-2020-02-28-040345.jpg

That would be Bart the office cat. He can jump up and open doors...

Monsters aren’t good for you... but goddam have they got me through some rough times and been there with me through some shit. I won’t lie, every time we went out last summer, I had a white monster in my dump pouch. They are great for just staying awake and staving off hunger...

Good luck with your transistion.

I will say this. My very smart doctor bro in law drinks beer and coffee... he is in perfect health and looks about 20 not 50. He never judged me one bit when he found out I dipped but when he saw how many Energy drinks I consumed we had a serious talk.

:ROFLMAO: 8-) O_o :thumbsup:

I don’t know so I’m assuming here but I contend his sticking point was your dependence on energy drink enemas.

“Consumption, however slight, with the intent to stimulate the heart or satisfy a craving...”

Coffee Enema: Benefits, Risks, and More

Back