Are energy drinks bad?

So I failed and fell me.

I will restart again

I used to drink 2-4 a day, before work and after. Went cold turkey and while it sucked for a good month it was worth it. What I thought was lack of energy went away, I started sleeping more soundly and consistently and I also noticed I was more even keeled emotionally speaking. The additional little weight loss was a small bonus. The only time I ever get one is if I'm doing an all nighter or I'm staying up for more than 24 hours and most of the time I'll get a coffee instead.

It's a marathon not a sprint.

Bad for your heart, bad for your health. I used to drink a lot of Monster and the new Coke energy drinks for a while, but now it's coffee and water. I probably still drink too much coffee, but it doesn't have all of the other add-ins that add additional badness.

I'm trying to switch back over to just tea and water but it's hard when you work 2200-0600, have to get the Minion up for school at 0830, appointments/calls/texts during the day (@LibraryLady Imma call ya soon) and it's tough to stay off them.

I will still have the occasional monster zero, but it’s because I enjoy the taste. Otherwise I’ve been drinking coffee every morning from this tasty little company I found that will ship to me on a subscription and supports the military. Right now I’m drinking Maple Bacon from Bones Coffee.

Back