Army May Replace Pixilated Camo with MultiCam

Ah, the Brits have been wearing a beret like that since WWII, they have no prob with a "combat mindset". :2c:

I know.
It's still sets a bad precedent.
If you wear a combat uniform you need to have a combat mindset.

Keep berets with the Class A's (if at all).

Me thinking crazy.

Ah, the Brits have been wearing a beret like that since WWII, they have no prob with a "combat mindset". :2c:

Sure the RM's were marching around the Falklands while wearing berets.

We still wear them occasionally during SASO, just clip the helmet on the webbing for when the unwashed masses start throwing rocks. Overseas currently it tends to be the black ball caps so all you poor yanks think that the Band 4 cook is some type of SOF dude.

Strangely enough we are now seeing 22 & Kiwi Group blokes wearing Multicam.

We still wear them occasionally during SASO, just clip the helmet on the webbing for when the unwashed masses start throwing rocks. Overseas currently it tends to be the black ball caps so all you poor yanks think that the Band 4 cook is some type of SOF dude.

Strangely enough we are now seeing 22 & Kiwi Group blokes wearing Multicam.

"Yes, I used to wear a green beret"

""oh wow you were really high speed then!"

"Nah mate, I just wore a green beret" lol

I'm a little surprised to hear about 22 and group wearing multicam, our DPM is pretty bloody good, our desert is OK though not great IMO.
Good that they can use it if needed though.

I know.
It's still sets a bad precedent.
If you wear a combat uniform you need to have a combat mindset.

Keep berets with the Class A's (if at all).

Me thinking crazy.

There are many VN era photo's showing SF Soldiers, and Special Boat Unit Sailors wearing their berets during combat ops, do you think they were not focused?

"Yes, I used to wear a green beret"

""oh wow you were really high speed then!"

"Nah mate, I just wore a green beret" lol

I'm a little surprised to hear about 22 and group wearing multicam, our DPM is pretty bloody good, our desert is OK though not great IMO.
Good that they can use it if needed though.

I think it's more the features on the uniforms they like, elbow and knee pads, better pockets and less likely to melt to your skin when some POS sets of a 152mm shell under your wagon.

We changed from the old green to rifleman green now, one Army or some shit. Still got my old one in a trunk somewhere.
Old pic but youll get the idea.
Me.jpg

Ugh, A fucking signal corps beret on a grunt! :doh:

What the hell uniform is that? I'm guessing the new Dacron uniform? Used to be a dark green uniform with a short sleeved shirt for summer use.

At last someone else feels my pain :(

Yeah its the one that replaced Dacrons, Service Dress Uniform All Ranks. Universally hated.

Pain is right brother, I still have my Infantry beret an original with the leather head band, faded and cool :cool:

Dacrons were not bad, why the fuck they went to this gay shit is beyond me, I guess so its the same colour as the ... fuck I forget the nomenclature now is it class As? :uhh:

I see your rank is still on the shoulder so no one can see it and thinks everyone is an officer :rolleyes: the most retarded move ever in NZ uniforms.

The Yanks/Brits got is right with the chest rank, though I'm old school and always wore and always liked it on my arm, where it belongs! ;)

At least your beret is worn correctly, I hate the way the yanks wear it (yes, yes I'm biased, its how I was brought up, fucking bite me :p ).

Yeah its called Dress 1A off the top of my head, I have some MLWs here but I'm not lifer enough to keep a copy of the P23 at home :D

Back