Army May Replace Pixilated Camo with MultiCam

I almost cried today when I saw a poncho liner in ACU pattern. The Army that I joined is now officially dead to me. :(

Absolutely not. I have to take a 2 hour shower after I take my ACUs off everyday. That pattern is the antichrist. :mad:

Get your Crye shit on once you get to where ever your going and dump those fuckers. :cool::D

I know of one AF general that put the word out how he didn't like to see airmen wearing ACUs. Therefore, when he is known to be in the area all of those airmen working with the Army have to go change out of their ACUs. Some have taken to bring a set of ABU's to the office with them to cover impromptu visits.....

Again, another fine example of tax dollars hard at work to appease some general. Not to mention the fact that time is spent away from accomplishing the mission to keep said general from getting his panties in a bunch. I may take pride in my job, but I can still be embarrassed by the Air Force as a whole.

Again, another fine example of tax dollars hard at work to appease some general. Not to mention the fact that time is spent away from accomplishing the mission to keep said general from getting his panties in a bunch. I may take pride in my job, but I can still be embarrassed by the Air Force as a whole.

Too right about that. The Air Force is completely out of touch when it comes to this subject. (Several others, too!)

(Several others, too!)

Absolutely agree. There is a huge power struggle between the 'old school' people who remember when the Air Force was like a boys and girls club and the 'new school' way of thinking, which is 'fit to fight.'

The Air Force began realizing the need for a PT standard late last century. On January 1, 2004, the fitness program was established. In January of 2010, the newest regulations regarding fitness standards will be implemented and AF Times is hypothesizing a 40% fail rate. No more pencil whipping your PT test!

Unfortunately, there are still people who have skirted by their entire career. I still see extremely large people walking around in uniform. Of course, the first thing that comes to mind is, 'how are they still in?' While I know that every branch has its issues, my hope is that with tighter PT standards and longer projected deployments, two things will happen: the AF will filter out these non-working leeches and our image will improve as a whole. I know a lot of very hard working Airmen who get it done - day in, day out. Slowly but surely, we are working our way from up from the 'Chair Force' reputation.

So I got an email from a buddy with a link to Army Times

UCP-Delta Looks like someone shotgun blasted shit all over the ACUs. If they were going to do that to the ACUs why not put up Mirage against MC since it has been field tested already? This whole uniform debate is comical.

Have to agree with ya bro!!

s2aakj.jpg

s2aakj.jpg

The ACU is proof that some shit just cant be fixed. Use "coyote" in the colors,do whatever you want to it,it is still a huge mistake,and IS NOT better than the BDU/DCU that it replaced,ESPECIALLY if they are going to keep the ACU,but just revise it and issue a "altered" ACU uniform to those in Afghanistan.
The purpose of the ACU,supposedly,was to do away with several different uniforms,but yet,we are right back where we started,now to have the ACu and another more suited for A'stan!?! Shitcan all of it and go back to BDU/DCU.

Multicam is very good,but has anyone priced a full set of the stuff??!!!??
NO CAMO is worth what they charge.
The same can be accomplished,with the BDU or DCU and proper camofladge pattern extending to equipment.
With the money units are spending to issue multicam to their troops,all that money for Multicam could be spent on stuff more important I would think;some toughbooks,NVGs whatever they wanted,instead of a stupid camo uniform that is just currently "all the rage" and "looks cool".

New isnt always better. Evidence is the ACU.
New isnt always better,just more expensive.Evidence is Multicam.

The ACU is proof that some shit just cant be fixed. Use "coyote" in the colors,do whatever you want to it,it is still a huge mistake,and IS NOT better than the BDU/DCU that it replaced,ESPECIALLY if they are going to keep the ACU,but just revise it and issue a "altered" ACU uniform to those in Afghanistan.
The purpose of the ACU,supposedly,was to do away with several different uniforms,but yet,we are right back where we started,now to have the ACu and another more suited for A'stan!?! Shitcan all of it and go back to BDU/DCU.

Not true. The Marine's MARPAT is shit hot and is the same pattern as ACU only different colors. I'd love to see the Army use that. They wont adopt the same exact pattern out of political bullshit and not wanting to admit the Marines had it right, but they could simply issue their new AOR 1 and 2 which is basically the same thing. I've seen pics of a pattern called Mirage which I hear some Rangers tested out a few years ago and it blends quite well. I also saw pics on another forum where a member just photoshopped current ACU pics of soldiers deployed and it looked pretty damn good. I'll see if I can find them and post them here.

instead of a stupid camo uniform that is just currently "all the rage" and "looks cool".

Have you seen how effective MC is?

That is the issue here that too many people are missing, this is about giving our Soldiers the best available tools to do the job.

MC is the best general cammo on the market at the moment IMO.

s2aakj.jpg

This photo proves my earlier beliefs, DA will go with the modified ACU pattern so all the ACU patterned shit won't need to be replaced quickly.

Multi-cam is the way to go.

Expensive if bought from Crye, but I bet they's sell pattern rights to DoD and we could get uniforms for the same price we pay today.

Multicam is very good,but has anyone priced a full set of the stuff??!!!??
NO CAMO is worth what they charge.
The same can be accomplished,with the BDU or DCU and proper camofladge pattern extending to equipment.
With the money units are spending to issue multicam to their troops,all that money for Multicam could be spent on stuff more important I would think;some toughbooks,NVGs whatever they wanted,instead of a stupid camo uniform that is just currently "all the rage" and "looks cool".

New isn't always better, but it is in the case of Multicam. I agree that it is expensive. If you had invented it, I'm sure you'd want to get your dollar out of it. Also, a multicam uniform in the same style as the current ACU uniform is not the same as purchasing the Crye combat shirt and pants. Don't confuse the two (BTW, the combat shirt and pants are worth every penny).

In the case of whether this works or not, I recently completed a sniper course in which I used only an MC uniform and a veil. The only mods I made were removing the velcro blanket from the sleeve pockets and cutting off that stupid mandarin collar. No ghillie. 100% go on all stalks. It is newer. It is better. The Army has known this for a long time. It's taken a spanking by congress to do something about it.

Incindentally, it wasn't "cool" until SOF units started using it. }:-)

New isn't always better, but it is in the case of Multicam. I agree that it is expensive. If you had invented it, I'm sure you'd want to get your dollar out of it. Also, a multicam uniform in the same style as the current ACU uniform is not the same as purchasing the Crye combat shirt and pants. Don't confuse the two (BTW, the combat shirt and pants are worth every penny).

In the case of whether this works or not, I recently completed a sniper course in which I used only an MC uniform and a veil. The only mods I made were removing the velcro blanket from the sleeve pockets and cutting off that stupid mandarin collar. No ghillie. 100% go on all stalks. It is newer. It is better. The Army has known this for a long time. It's taken a spanking by congress to do something about it.

Incindentally, it wasn't "cool" until SOF units started using it. }:-)

Not to be stingy but I want multicam to stay with SOF. It adds to the eliteness...LOL. Part of being SF is looking cool and Crye Ps enhances that. I too used multicam and the Viper hood and was never seen on any on my stalks. I was danger close(50m) on my last graded stalk and received 100%.

Back