Army May Replace Pixilated Camo with MultiCam

This is for all you ACU haters! :D :D

ACU14.jpg

Seriously, kudos if the Big Army does get MC. Regt. got them already.

and "Soldier" with Kurt Russell. :D

as for multicam in the regular army, I'd love to have it, but I doubt the army will move quickly on this. like Free said - too much time and money down a shitter-hole to admit dismal failure.

not to hijack, but I think the Army as a whole has a cultural problem with admitting to failure.

Sand Man - Congrats. I think those are the first pics of ACU pat actually in action that show it's plus side... and as for short-stack in the bottom pic... the AT4 he's carrying is as big as he is. awesome. :D

(I keed, I keed :) )

Viper - x2000000000000 bro.

not to hijack, but I think the Army as a whole has a cultural problem with admitting to failure.

I'd take it a step further and say America, but that is definitely a hijack.

There is enough Congressional pressure, combined with enough positive feedback from enough end users ("operators" is a bit specific for my taste) to potentially push Multicam through. Multicam is already being used by SOF units in the Army, Navy, Air Force, as well as a couple conventional units in the "big Army". I know because I sold them the uniforms. :)

Multicam is our second best selling pattern across the board for gear, behind Coyote Brown. To me that says something. One, we don't cater to Airsoft and our customer base is largely skewed toward military and contractors, and two, it's way out in front of ACU, green, black, etc. Now granted, our location and clientele obviously have an influence on that rating, but it shows to me that Multicam is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

Unfortunately, everyone with the new hot cock in camouflage wants a shot which only slows down the process.

Sand Man - Congrats. I think those are the first pics of ACU pat actually in action that show it's plus side... and as for short-stack in the bottom pic...

Yep. Unfortunately, these guys are in our backyard (Mindanao) and they're stuck with it.

They need to 'borrow' some of the stuff our lads are wearing.

Air Force is slowly coming to the realization that MC will be the way to go, at least for the operators.
Our PJ's from Moody got the full Crye get-up approved for our rotation down range, and it worked out really well for them. I hope it catches on and the rest of the guys who need it, get it.

Air Force is slowly coming to the realization that MC will be the way to go, at least for the operators.
Our PJ's from Moody got the full Crye get-up approved for our rotation down range, and it worked out really well for them. I hope it catches on and the rest of the guys who need it, get it.

Not just the guys from Moody.....;)

So I got an email from a buddy with a link to Army Times

UCP-Delta Looks like someone shotgun blasted shit all over the ACUs. If they were going to do that to the ACUs why not put up Mirage against MC since it has been field tested already? This whole uniform debate is comical.

So I got an email from a buddy with a link to Army Times

UCP-Delta Looks like someone shotgun blasted shit all over the ACUs. If they were going to do that to the ACUs why not put up Mirage against MC since it has been field tested already? This whole uniform debate is comical.

Watch-UCP Delta will win; that way the DA Staff can take credit for the idea, and they can point out that the basic ACU pattern is versatile enough that only minor mods are needed.

Watch-UCP Delta will win; that way the DA Staff can take credit for the idea, and they can point out that the basic ACU pattern is versatile enough that only minor mods are needed.

Fact....
and sadly enough, depending on where our next conflict takes us, we will be having this same conversation the next time around because the guys in DC wont get off their High horse, and admit that they screwed up with both ABU/ACU....:doh:

But, of course, just making the switch to MC would make too much sense, So I suppose we should just be ready for that never too happen.
:2c:

My thoughts on the BS ACU pattern are well known on the board.

MC gets my vote but the other pattern isn't terrible either, i'm just glad 'Army' is moving on this subject finally.
I'd just like to say again to the NCO's/Officers and others that pushed ACUs in the first place, I still think you are retards.

Interestingly enough, 'Big Blue' worries so much about NOT being like our former mother Army that everything decided is based upon individuality. Tiger stripe? Are you fucking serious? Completely useless and a big waste of money. Multiple pen pockets? Inner map pockets for our non existent maps? Awesome - now the rest of the military has yet another reason to laugh at us. There's a hilarious video on youtube regarding the ABUs functionality, or lack thereof.

I've hated these things since the day they came out. Finally there are summer weight versions available if you want to shell out your own coin for them. And my understanding is the uniform board has done away with blousing straps and only tuck our pants into our boots, which raised quite a stink on the operational level. I still wear my BDUs because, well, I can and I like highly polished boots (when I'm at home station).

I'm with Trip Wire on this one. The military needs to have a standard issue uniform accross all branches as deemed appropriate for mission req's. I.E. all finance, cook, admin, supply, etc. troops have the same uniform. If a group needs different uniforms (SOF, pilots, etc) issue them on a mission required basis. That way, you can still have pride in being different from the rest of gen pop AND you are able to function better downrange.:2c:

Question: does the USMC have any problems with their shit? I've always liked their patterns.

Very much so

I remember we used to have to DX our BDU's when they started looking like that.

A lot of this BS has to do with appropriations. Just like when a chow hall doesn't use all the food allotted to it, they will face a cutback. Since they are cutting budgets in other places in the military, they have to find somewhere to justify spending money and this is as good a place as any.:2c:

Interestingly enough, 'Big Blue' worries so much about NOT being like our former mother Army that everything decided is based upon individuality.

I know of one AF general that put the word out how he didn't like to see airmen wearing ACUs. Therefore, when he is known to be in the area all of those airmen working with the Army have to go change out of their ACUs. Some have taken to bring a set of ABU's to the office with them to cover impromptu visits.....

Back