Army Ranger USO Soldier of the Year

Centermass

Ranger
Rest In Peace
Congratulations to USO Soldier of the Year Army Ranger Sergeant Ty E. Able! His bravery and dedication to protecting others even under the toughest circumstances stood out in the Special Operations community.

While serving as a Combat Medic in support of Operation FREEDOM’S SENTINEL, the New Mexico native performed triage and multiple advanced medical procedures while under heavy enemy fire during a direct action operation to remove enemy forces in Afghanistan. He relocated his teammates multiple times during the operation to provide cover and concealment for wounded casualties, even covering them with his own body at one point to further protect them.

The USO is honored to name this brave patriot a 2019 USO Service Member of the Year!

RLTW!

Screen Shots2979 Dec. 01 21.43.jpg

DAS MY MEDIC YALL! We’ve been in the same companies since we were “privates” (untabbed E4s). I can’t say how proud I am of this dude right here. Probably the most calm human being I’ve ever met. Tremendous medic. And a pretty legit gunfighter to boot. Congrats Ty!

Back