Killed "While Wearing His Ranger Sweatshirt"

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
Army officer said he was jumped in Huntington Beach while wearing his "Ranger" sweatshirt just before being killed

Very interesting story. Details are unclear, but right now it looks like the deceased went out for a night on the town while wearing his Ranger (I assume Tab?) sweatshirt, got into a fight or two, and then because he was being chased, was concussed, or was drunk (or all three) he ended up in traffic where he was hit and struck by a car.

Obviously there's more to the story, but what jumped out at me is his age. The images in the article indicate he was a West Point graduate. I don't recognize the name, but that's not unusual since I only know a handful of the 4,000+ cadets here. But the commitment is 5 years active and three reserves. So even if he graduated at 21, he should have still had time on his contract. So why did he get discharged early? And more importantly, what happened in the hours that led up to his death?

Obviously there's more to the story, but what jumped out at me is his age. The images in the article indicate he was a West Point graduate. I don't recognize the name, but that's not unusual since I only know a handful of the 4,000+ cadets here. But the commitment is 5 years active and three reserves. So even if he graduated at 21, he should have still had time on his contract. So why did he get discharged early? And more importantly, what happened in the hours that led up to his death?

It wouldn't be the first time a newspaper got the details wrong.

Army officer said he was jumped in Huntington Beach while wearing his "Ranger" sweatshirt just before being killed

Very interesting story. Details are unclear, but right now it looks like the deceased went out for a night on the town while wearing his Ranger (I assume Tab?) sweatshirt, got into a fight or two, and then because he was being chased, was concussed, or was drunk (or all three) he ended up in traffic where he was hit and struck by a car.

The article said he was 25

Sounds odd. Any word on what his MOS was?

Back