Army Security Agency

sfmike

Special Forces
Verified SOF
During the 1960's the Army had a signal intelligence capability in the Army Security Agency. My Brother Bob trained at Fort Devens, MA for a year as a Morse Inteceptor. He was stationed in Thailand supporting operations in RVN before returning to CONUS to attend Infantry OCS.

Attachments

• asa.jpg
    asa.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 4

Brill

SOF Support
Soldiers assigned to ASA were true pioneers and inflicted untold damage to the Communists in Viet Nam and elsewhere. There is an enromous push to declassify a lot of their tactical operations. You should be proud of your brother Mike as it takes a special person to sit inside a windowless room for hours listening to code.

MilkTruckCoPilot

SOT-A & fries
SOF Support
SSMP
Not all ASA members were confined to a windowless room. I'm sure you know this, as I'm just putting it out there for anyone that wonders by. The ASA SODS are the predecessors to the SOT-A's and they have a very interesting story. Top Secret Missions sits in our team room and is a good read.

DA SWO

SOWT
Verified SOF
Not all ASA members were confined to a windowless room. I'm sure you know this, as I'm just putting it out there for anyone that wonders by. The ASA SODS are the predecessors to the SOT-A's and they have a very interesting story. Top Secret Missions sits in our team room and is a good read.

Is that a book I can get via Amazon, or an internal publication?