ATF Proposes Rules on "Stabilizing Braces"

Dame

The way I read this (everyone correct me if wrong) the ATF is trying to say that an attached "stabilizing brace" attached to your weapon may constitute a weapon has been “designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder.” But they are asking for comments on this so here is your chance.

From the NSSF:

NSSF® is Monitoring the Recent ATF Proposed, “Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with ‘Stabilizing Braces’” and Needs Your Help

ATF is soliciting public comment on this rule through January 4

We need your input to make sure our comment letter reflects the questions, concerns and voice of the firearm and ammunition industry. The rule includes what ATF calls, “the objective factors it considers when evaluating firearms with an attached stabilizing brace to determine whether they are considered firearms under the National Firearms Act (“NFA”) and/or the Gun Control Act (“GCA”).” The notice also previews “ATF's and the Department of Justice's plan to subsequently implement a separate process for current possessors of stabilizer-equipped firearms to choose to register such firearms in compliance with the NFA, including an expedited application process and the retroactive exemption of such firearms from the collection of NFA taxes.”

The proposed rule is available online here.

I disagree...the BATF is a much needed agency who I fully support in their endeavors.
Just for genuine clarification, are you being serious or is this a sarcastic comment?

I have no dog in this fight, but depending on which way the wind is blowing your comment could be taken either way.

<- Pending Form 1 approval

I disagree...the BATF is a much needed agency who I fully support in their endeavors.
The BATFE is by far, one of my most hated government agencies. I get everyone plays their game because, we all have no choice. The agency, has murdered American citizens, blackmailed, entrapped and falsely charged citizens in the past. They can arbitrarily shut down businesses, make citizens felons and steal property with the swipe of a pen on a agency memo.

They make up rules (laws) without any true oversight by any elected official and outside of budgetary oversight have no real counter balance to the power that has been given to them. Its goddamn disgusting, and I am sorry, anyone who willing works for them, in my personal opinion is a traitor to the constitution and their fellow citizens.

So yeah, FUCK THE BATFE...

Thanks to all the idiots who YouTubed themselves using the brace purely as a stock.

THIS.

This is the problem. Let’s not forget those idiots that flaunted the BATFE letter saying incidental, once in a while placement of the brace in the shoulder pocket did not make the weapon an SBR/SBS.

What did they think was going to happen, particularly with a Biden/Harris administration measuring the White House for curtains?

The BATFE is by far, one of my most hated government agencies. I get everyone plays their game because, we all have no choice. The agency, has murdered American citizens, blackmailed, entrapped and falsely charged citizens in the past. They can arbitrarily shut down businesses, make citizens felons and steal property with the swipe of a pen on a agency memo.

They make up rules (laws) without any true oversight by any elected official and outside of budgetary oversight have no real counter balance to the power that has been given to them. Its goddamn disgusting, and I am sorry, anyone who willing works for them, in my personal opinion is a traitor to the constitution and their fellow citizens.

So yeah, FUCK THE BATFE...

As someone who knows Jay Dobyns, they way they handled his witness protection and their efforts to cover up and go after people speaking out on Fast & Furious, that agency shows how deep to the core it has become corrupt and in need of abolishment.

I'm not exactly sure what this means....

"ATF is announcing the withdrawal of a notice and request for comments entitled “Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with ‘Stabilizing Braces’,” that was published on December 18, 2020."

"Upon further consultation with the Department of Justice and the Office of the Deputy Attorney General, ATF is withdrawing, pending further Department of Justice review, the notice and request for comments entitled “Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with ‘Stabilizing Braces’,” that was published on December 18, 2020. 85 FR 82516. As explained in the notice, the proposed guidance was not a regulation. The notice informed and invited comment from the industry and public on a proposed guidance prior to issuing a final guidance document. The withdrawal of the guidance does not change any law, regulation, or other legally binding requirement."

SB Criteria Withdrawal Notice 12-23-20.pdf | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Back