Back in the Saddle Post Motorcycle Crash

parallel

SBU
Verified SOF
I've been progressively recuperating since my crash that I posted about at the beginning of October. The kid who hit me was driving the car his girlfriend drives, which was owned and insured by her mother. It took some doing to verify that the insurance was good because there was a misspelling of the mother's name and the VIN was off by 1 number. The sheriff's Deputy who wrote the crash report went way beyond the call of duty to get all of that straight and I finally got a check for my totaled Scrambler towards the end of November. I had been looking for my next bike and had pretty much decided that I wanted a Triumph Rocket III Touring. I found this one that was purchased and traded in with 25 miles on it and I had it shipped. It came in yesterday, but I still can't ride just yet because I have to get the tags for it.

This thing is a BEAST, but a manageable beast. It's a 2300 CC torque monster that is very stable at nearly 1000 lbs yet surprisingly nimble through the twisties. Compared to the Scrambler that seat is like a Barcalounger. I'll miss the off road adventures that I had with the Scrambler... but the bulk of the riding I do is with neighbors and the Legion Riders and this bike will make those rides MUCH more enjoyable.

20161223_144828_zpsrrlh46vv.jpg

20161223_151543_zpsodbw73ir.jpg

20161223_151707_zpsbn1f8vb3.jpg

I've been progressively recuperating since my crash that I posted about at the beginning of October. The kid who hit me was driving the car his girlfriend drives, which was owned and insured by her mother. It took some doing to verify that the insurance was good because there was a misspelling of the mother's name and the VIN was off by 1 number. The sheriff's Deputy who wrote the crash report went way beyond the call of duty to get all of that straight and I finally got a check for my totaled Scrambler towards the end of November. I had been looking for my next bike and had pretty much decided that I wanted a Triumph Rocket III Touring. I found this one that was purchased and traded in with 25 miles on it and I had it shipped. It came in yesterday, but I still can't ride just yet because I have to get the tags for it.

This thing is a BEAST, but a manageable beast. It's a 2300 CC torque monster that is very stable at nearly 1000 lbs yet surprisingly nimble through the twisties. Compared to the Scrambler that seat is like a Barcalounger. I'll miss the off road adventures that I had with the Scrambler... but the bulk of the riding I do is with neighbors and the Legion Riders and this bike will make those rides MUCH more enjoyable.

20161223_144828_zpsrrlh46vv.jpg

20161223_151543_zpsodbw73ir.jpg

20161223_151707_zpsbn1f8vb3.jpg

NICE^^^^^^^^^. How much does the bike weigh?

I like the chrome headers and pipes!

The Rocket 3s are great bikes. Glad to hear everything worked out for you man.

Back