Basic Reconnaissance Primer Course

thewannavee

Verified Military
Hello to all,

I apologize if I have not been resourceful enough, but I sincerely can not find any information in regards to the Primer Course. If there is any instructors or Marines who have been in BRPC here who can clarify, I was wondering what happens if a Marine is not quite ready for the Basic Reconnaissance Primer Course when he arrives, but he refuses to quit and give up? Does he get to stay until he is strong enough, or will he get kicked out? I'm asking for myself and others who may be looking for these answers. Thank you to all with insight on the subject.

When you arrive to RTC you will wait in MART, until the next class pickup. Use that time to your advantage but you must be well prepared before arriving. It is highly competitive and you do not want to be behind the power curve.
If you get dropped based on performance, which rarely happens, you will recycle to the next BRPC.
If you complete the course but the instructor staff do not believe you are ready for BRC yet, you will recycle to the next BRPC class and do it again. It may be disheartening to start over but BRPC is there so that you will succeed in BRC. Just put out 100% 24/7.

BRPC is a tough course designed to get you ready for BRC. It is not a selection. Don't quit and you will remain in the course until you are ready for BRC. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one is ever 100% ready to go to BRC, and once you get to the BRPC you'll end up seeing a lot of really fit Marines quitting. If you want to be a Recon Marine understand your body is going to hurt, youre going to be tired, and it wont let up.. You have to be strong mentally and keep telling yourself you have what it takes!

Recon Marines are masters of their minds.. Control that and you'll be ok. Just never quit.

So for your original question:
Google

I hit post by accident:

Google: Basic Reconnaissance Course

Then scroll down till you see:
Reconnaissance Creed: Training and Education Command on the Marines.mil site and it has a lot of info to help you out. Good luck!

Back