Best boots for running in...

A good broken in pair of jungle boots are always nice... the korean ones without the steel shank were best for most work, and mine got lifted by a friend for the Best Ranger Competition in 84 or 85... I never got them back. Gator, if you ever read this, you owe me a pair of boots, with interest.

That is them. I would not wear them for any kind of rope work(fast roping mostly) because they are a soft sole. I think the people from Nike went to the kids at SOPC and asked them what they did to make their boots so awesome(SOPC soles, remove toe cup and shank) and then made a boot that fits those specifications, because these boots are basically what I had custom made in SOPC for 200+ dollars and wore in SFAS.

Just dropped $130 for some. Not bad. I know it's mentioned that they are good to go out the box but do you recommend any wear on them before SFAS?

recce.jpg
Chosen for extreme temperature and wet climates, urban combat, medium duties, light training and running.
Externally identical to the Urban Military 2

http://www.aarondistribution.co.uk/recce.php

These boots seem to be close to what I'm looking for in a boot. Thanks for the recommendation!

Just dropped $130 for some. Not bad. I know it's mentioned that they are good to go out the box but do you recommend any wear on them before SFAS?

Are you even allowed to wear the Nike SFB at SFAS?

Are you even allowed to wear the Nike SFB at SFAS?

I thought that too. If the soles are an issue I should be ok because I'm going to get the AquaTreds put on them. I'm going to experiment with them on my street ruck/runs, cross country rucks, and just plain day to day ops.

I'd put my money on lowa zephyrs as well-they've got the comfort of a throw away boot with the poor craftsmanship of most super comfy throw-away's (oakley, SWAT, magnum etc)

Rocky S2V are's good too.

I thought that too. If the soles are an issue I should be ok because I'm going to get the AquaTreds put on them. I'm going to experiment with them on my street ruck/runs, cross country rucks, and just plain day to day ops.

I wouldn't change the soles on the Nike boot

FWIW, I ordered the Nike boots and they are comfortable. The folks at Nike determined I was a size 5 in men's and they are definitely a man's boot. The back of the heel is wide on me (Pardus, this could suck for you) but I can take up the slack with a heel insert. I have yet to take them out on the water to verify their anti-slip soles, but shouldn't be too long.

(That loud slap sound you hear will be my ass hitting the deck, LOL.)

Would that boot be permissible during SFAS?

I'm guessing not but WTF would I know.

As far as I know all boots that are allowable in the army are allowable during SFAS. I don't know that for sure though. There really is no reason why they shouldn't be allowed. I was only allowed to take issue style boots, however I modified the shit out of them, to make them like the Nike boots, so really they were not issued boots. This was in '06 though.

Is there any way I can find out for sure? Like a packing list with things that aren't permissable? I've done some searches online but not much luck. I used them on a 6 mile ruck three days after opening them up. No blisters, hot spots, or anything. Except for a pain in my arch but I think that's my flat feet complaining.

Is there any way I can find out for sure? Like a packing list with things that aren't permissable? I've done some searches online but not much luck. I used them on a 6 mile ruck three days after opening them up. No blisters, hot spots, or anything. Except for a pain in my arch but I think that's my flat feet complaining.
This what you're looking for?
http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/sfas/packinglist.html

That is them. I would not wear them for any kind of rope work(fast roping mostly) because they are a soft sole. I think the people from Nike went to the kids at SOPC and asked them what they did to make their boots so awesome(SOPC soles, remove toe cup and shank) and then made a boot that fits those specifications, because these boots are basically what I had custom made in SOPC for 200+ dollars and wore in SFAS.

Ah the memories of SOPC and the the Clarke's #6 sole with heel and toe cups removed... I had two pair of black leg boots and a pair of black jungles at SFAS. I still ruck in the leg boots.

I suppose I will have to pick up a pair of Nike's to see how they compare to my SFAS slippers.

So what are the closest "regulation boots" to Nike's SFB? If nothing even remotely comparable then what is the closest boot with modifications that perform similarly?

Or, maybe the best question is, where can you get regulation boots modified in the correct way?

I was thinking that first. I know theres these guys http://www.yadkinboots.com/ but with me being in Hawaii I doubt they would make it back in time for a June class date. Although I might have to wait til Sept if my paperwork gets delayed. Then I would go that route.

I was thinking that first. I know theres these guys http://www.yadkinboots.com/ but with me being in Hawaii I doubt they would make it back in time for a June class date. Although I might have to wait til Sept if my paperwork gets delayed. Then I would go that route.
*Out of my lane for a second

Perhaps you could give Yadkin an email or a call regarding the boots and what you want to do with them and hear what they have to say, what they might do to them in order to limber them up for your feet. If your class date is still set for June, take your boots to a place in Hawaii and see if they can help you based on the recommendations Yadkin gives you. If you get delayed, then Yadkin sounds like the way to go.

*Back in lane

Back