Blood pressure?

Alvitr

When is it actually time to seek medical advice for low blood pressure, even though it does not affect you in your daily life?

Got mine tested today and it was 82/50. I figure it is a tad low for a 29 year old.

Neither high nor low bp have any symptoms, so "affecting you in your daily life" is really a common misconception. With bp that low, damage to your organs could be asymptomatic.

82/50 is quite low, though I've seen much lower. I'd still have it checked out asap to avoid your body going into hypotensive shock.

i have seen many smaller women with very low blood pressure however that was normal for them. That being said, do you often get dizzy or faint when you go from lying on your back to sitting or from sitting to standing (orthostatic hypotension)? Diabetes is also a cause of low BP. Any Kidney problems?

Don't let me make you nervous with all these questions;) because if you have none of them, then you're probably just fine. but either way, since this seems to be the first time you've noticed your blood pressure at these levels, though, i would highly recommend getting checked out by the doc

When is it actually time to seek medical advice for low blood pressure, even though it does not affect you in your daily life?

Got mine tested today and it was 82/50. I figure it is a tad low for a 29 year old.

:eek: Yeah I'd get that checked...the lowest mine ever got was 70/40...but I was going into convulsions with talk of a blood transfusion.

Thanks everyone!!
I am not on any medication at this time. No other issues really besides being hyperthyroidic. I have been told this might affect the pressure, but I have been HT all my life without the pressure being that low.
I can feel dizzy but I believe I have gotten kind of used to it so I dont think about it that much anymore.
In periods, vision have been more blurry then usual, it comes and goes, and I assume this can have to do with the low BP and circulation?

I will have it checked. Just in case..

Thanks everyone!!
I am not on any medication at this time. No other issues really besides being hyperthyroidic. I have been told this might affect the pressure, but I have been HT all my life without the pressure being that low.
I can feel dizzy but I believe I have gotten kind of used to it so I dont think about it that much anymore.
In periods, vision have been more blurry then usual, it comes and goes, and I assume this can have to do with the low BP and circulation?

I will have it checked. Just in case..

Damn straight the dizziness, blurred vision has to do with circulation and BP - God knows I've been grilled enough since I was admitted into hospital and ever since about all that - please do not wait and get in to get it checked!

Well, I had an appointment today. And besides the decision they will have another part of my thyroid removed, they took some tests and I have been scheduled for a kidney clearance later on this year. As you said JAJ it can be a kidney problem, and I had and was treated for malaria 3 years ago..

I was also told I was stoopid to have waited that long to seek help :(

Word. Its the kidneys. Apparently I only have one working ok :(

Dammit! I crashed my kidneys when I was a teenager. Two-a-day football practice. August in the Ohio Valley. Not enough water. It sucks! :(

Hope ya get/feel better soon.

Back