Boaty McBoatface

Sydney, Australia, you are the next contestant!

Sydney ferry named Ferry McFerryface

Sydney will have a new ferry named Ferry McFerryface following a public poll, the local government has said.

Hundreds nominated the name in a survey that asked locals to name a fleet of six new ferries for the city's harbour.

And just for SOME people's benefit, like Scrooge @CDG:

The announcement by the New South Wales (NSW) government sparked mirth, as well as criticism by some who said Sydney was late to the joke.

This is a dick move. Bring in the scabs!

Ferry McFerryface name is ‘taking the absolute mickey’

Maritime Union of Australia spokesman Paul Garrett today told 2GB Mornings he was furious with the decision to christen the last of a new fleet of Sydney Harbour ferries Ferry McFerryface.

“The Transport Minister is demonstrating here that he treats public transport as a joke,” Mr Garrett said.

“He’s taking the absolute mickey out of public transport in this state.

“Give it a proper name and we’ll work it. Give it a stupid name and it can stay at the shipyard.”

Ladies and gentlemen! You forgot about Boaty McBoatface, but I did not! I am pleased to annouce that his initial voyage was a success.

Boaty McBoatface makes significant climate change discovery on first mission

(CNN)The British research submarine Boaty McBoatface has made an impressive debut in the scientific arena, discovering a significant link between Antarctic winds and rising sea temperatures on its maiden outing.

Long live Boaty McBoatface!!!!

I'm afraid this particular submarine would be a tad small for all of us. Not really interested in getting that cozy with SS members (excluding one), though the Rangers might enjoy it.

LL

What about those hair gel loving guys? I hear they like to be close too :sneaky: :-x

Back