Breaking - Is there a coup attempt in Turkey?

No matter what Hillary wants to believe (or wants us to believe), a secular gov't rising up from a coup in an Islamic country is probably about as likely as a good Nickelback song.

Agreed. Kemal Ataturk was an anomaly. If he existed today, he'd probably be executed for apostasy

No matter what Hillary wants to believe (or wants us to believe), a secular gov't rising up from a coup in an Islamic country is probably about as likely as a good Nickelback song.

That's racist against Canadians with exceptional music talent.

I got this far into the article and thought to myself, now where is the "puking in disgust" emoji?

Lady Gaga, Kim Kardashian, Amy Schumer and numerous other celebrities expressed an outpouring of grief and shock on social media to offer condolences to the victims of the attack, which claimed the lives of 84 people and injured over 200 in the midst of one driver’s mile-long rampage.

“I am praying for you France,” Gaga wrote after news of the attack broke. “When u open your eyes and see chaos, we will close our eyes and see harmony. We are with you.”

For my next piece of entertainment I will scan the tweets for "this must stop!" for some variation of that over used phrase...

Hold please...
Found it! She sounds so sad though...I hope she recovers...

Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 9.02.46 AM.png

WHEW! She have have seen a squirrel! Glad things are back to normal. <3 tweets later>

Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 9.04.52 AM.png

I'd offer up Egypt in 2013 as being the best representative.

CNN is now saying on TV that Incirlik's airspace is closed. No ISIS missions from there for now.

This is looking more and more like it was a 'fake' coup for Erdogan to seize even more power.

The army could have arrested him, but chose to coup when he left to vacation inside Turkey? By the way, he's never "vacationed". Ever. The surrendering soldiers said they were told it was a routine drill until the call came that it would be a coup. Soldiers said they were totally unprepared and had no plan except hold bridges. Those poor kids looked confused as fuck when they surrendered.

At the very least, Erdogan had plenty of advance knowledge but let this go ahead so he could capitalise on it.

This is looking more and more like it was a 'fake' coup for Erdogan to seize even more power.

The army could have arrested him, but chose to coup when he left to vacation inside Turkey? By the way, he's never "vacationed". Ever. The surrendering soldiers said they were told it was a routine drill until the call came that it would be a coup. Soldiers said they were totally unprepared and had no plan except hold bridges. Those poor kids looked confused as fuck when they surrendered.

At the very least, Erdogan had plenty of advance knowledge but let this go ahead so he could capitalise on it.
Jesus, are these kids going to end up in a mass grave?

I doubt Erdogan wants the West breathing down his neck. That would be a step too far, even for Turkey.

That being said, a lot of surrendering soldiers were already killed, some were even beaten and beheaded by angry mobs.

Those that are still alive and being detained are mostly safe. Mostly.

This should be interesting....

"Declaring his government firmly in control, a defiant Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Saturday demanded the United States arrest or extradite an exiled Islamic cleric (Fethullah Gulen) he blames for a coup attempt that ended with nearly 200 people dead."

Turkish president wants U.S. to send rival cleric home - CNN.com

Apparently Erdogan has denied the persons killed who were part of the coup attempt to be denied religious burial.

Turkey coup: Crackdown toll passes 45,000 - BBC News

"At least 45,000 people have been rounded up, sacked or suspended from their jobs by Turkey's government in the wake of last week's failed coup."

Wow, that's a lot of people to be involved in a coup that not even most of the soldiers knew about! How convenient.

This is nothing more than that little shit Erdogan cleaning house. Turkey has been set back a good 20-30 years because of this, if not more.

Back