Cameron NC Designated As New CARP For USAF HD OPNS

Centermass

Ranger
Rest In Peace
Military officials say a C-17 from Joint Base Charleston accidentally dropped a Humvee on a North Carolina town Wednesday afternoon.
Marvin Krause from JBC says it happened at 1 p.m. when a C-17 Globemaster III assigned to the 437th Airlift Wing inadvertently dropped a military vehicle over the town of Cameron.

“The C-17 took off from Pope Army Airfield, Fort Bragg, North Carolina, on a routine air drop test training mission and inadvertently dropped a U.S. Army Humvee vehicle prematurely over Cameron, North Carolina, approximately five miles from the Fort Bragg drop zone,” Krause said.

According to a report, the aircraft landed safely at Pope Army Airfield, North Carolina. There are no reported injuries or damage to property at this time.

A report by WNCN states the Humvee came down via a parachute and landed in a wooded area in a neighborhood. This incident is under investigation.

Link

I know you and others have done them, probably plenty of them, but my one "experience" went like this:

(5 jump chump, hungry to jump anything smoking, A-Dub)
First Sergeant: So-and-so is jumping tonight and wants to know of anyone wants to strap hang with them. (a bunch of hands go up, mine included)
FS: C-141 (some hands go down, but not me)
FS: With equipment. (More hands go down, but I'm still in the game!)
FS: CARP (Watches EVERY other hand go down, figures they know more than me, lowers hand)

They were picking guys out of the trees for hours that night and into the early morning.

I definitely could have had a good time with this.

Them: "Sir, we need to come on your property to get our Hummer and parachute."

Me: "I'm sorry, do you have a warrant? I don't know anything about your cargo. Are you sure it's on my property?"

I definitely could have had a good time with this.

Them: "Sir, we need to come on your property to get our Hummer and parachute."

Me: "I'm sorry, do you have a warrant? I don't know anything about your cargo. Are you sure it's on my property?"
Billy and Tommy already have the hmmvhmmv chopped and parted

I'm relieved this was not a C-17 from NC ANG Charlotte, my old squadron. They just transitioned to C-17s this year.

"...and inadvertently dropped a U.S. Army Humvee vehicle prematurely over Cameron, North Carolina, approximately five miles from the Fort Bragg drop zone..”

Inadvertent and premature...that's a double whammy on a 711B mishap report form.

Last edited:
Back