Case Study: Karma

I wonder who they are? I could never guess... hmmmm... I guess I need to find a medic, a cop and a surgeon to help me out....:ehh::-/;)

Two out of three ain't bad ;) The third one is a loggie, the medic and the surgeon are correct.

so, I found the easter egg... the portly cop... you didn't even know you'd hidden.... Sweet!

According to one of my fellow site members, I also subliminally chose one of our illustrious .mil ladies as the inspiration for Chief Rollins too. ;)

Thanks for everyone who provided suggestions for the next case study here in the thread and via PM, I think I know what we're going to do next. I'm going to sketch out an outline tonight and start the next one up in a couple of days.

Thanks for everyone who provided suggestions for the next case study here in the thread and via PM, I think I know what we're going to do next. I'm going to sketch out an outline tonight and start the next one up in a couple of days.
Promises, promises... :-/

The title is still technically Chief Warrant Officer. I've heard "Warrant", "Chief", and in the case of the USMC, "Gunner".
Be careful calling marine CWOs gunners. The ACTUAL gunner MOS is 0306, which requires a very specific career path (16 years Infantry before you can even think about applying) and has very few Marines in the field (there are less than 90 gunners in the entire Marine Corps). They are fiercely protective of that title. I dont know why Marines started calling regular CWOs gunners, but its pretty dumb.

I forgot to add that the scene in the Blackhorse is also based on something that actually happened. When I was in the MID, the tradition was that the guy leaving got to pick where we did his farewell. The Blackhorse was pretty popular, I think someone's wife or daughter or girlfriend or something worked there. Anyway, one night were we doing a farewell, we were all still in uniform because we had come straight from work. I was in a hurry because I had somewhere else I needed to be, but the waitress had stopped coming over to the table. When I finally tracked her down to settle my bill so I could leave, she told me that a couple at an adjacent table had picked up the tab. For all of us. :-o I don't know what the total bill was, but all of us had been eating dinner and drinking beer, so I know it wasn't cheap. There weren't a lot of us there, but it wasn't just two or three people either. I thanked the couple and gave them a company coin, and the rest of the guys went by to thank them too. It was pretty cool.

Now that the case study is over, can someone explain how a tab gets stripped? I understand the reasoning-the guy is viewed as such a fuckup and pariah that no one wants him associated with SF. But he earned that tab. I'm pretty surprised it can be summarily revoked.

Now that the case study is over, can someone explain how a tab gets stripped? I understand the reasoning-the guy is viewed as such a fuckup and pariah that no one wants him associated with SF. But he earned that tab. I'm pretty surprised it can be summarily revoked.

You can actually get your tab revoked for a number of different reasons. Here is the dry, "doctrinal" explanation, I hope that one of our SF members who has better knowledge about how it actually happens can chime in.

http://www.globalnato.org/index.php...tary_awards&catid=122:military_news&Itemid=56

(9) Special Forces Tab. Special Forces Tab may be revoked by the awarding authority (Commander, U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center) if the recipient—
(a) Has his or her Parachutist Badge revoked.
(b) Initiates action which results in termination or withdrawal of the Special Forces specialty or branch code prior to completing 36 months of Special Forces duty. Requests for advanced schooling which may lead to another specialty or branch code being awarded instead of Special Forces will not be used as a basis for revocation of the tab.
(c) Has become permanently medically disqualified from performing Special Forces duty and was found to have become disqualified not in the line of duty.
(d) Has been convicted at a trial by courts-martial or has committed offenses which demonstrate severe professional misconduct, incompetence, or willful dereliction in the performance of Special Forces duties.
(e) Has committed any misconduct which is the subject of an administrative elimination action under the provisions of AR 635–200 or AR 600–8–24.
(f) Has committed any act or engaged in any conduct inconsistent with the integrity, professionalism, and conduct of a Special Forces Soldier, as determined by the Commander, U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School.
(g) The SF Tab for Active and Reserve Component Soldiers will be reinstated by the Commander, U.S. Army Special Operations Command (USASOC), Fort Bragg, NC, when fully justified. Veterans, retirees, or next of kin should submit request for reinstatement of the SF Tab to the Commander, USA HRC, ATTN: AHRC–PDO–PA, Alexandria, VA 22332–0471, final review.

You can actually get your tab revoked for a number of different reasons. Here is the dry, "doctrinal" explanation, I hope that one of our SF members who has better knowledge about how it actually happens can chime in.

http://www.globalnato.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=793:explosive_ordnance_disposal_badge_military_awards&catid=122:military_news&Itemid=56
basically, the spirit of the rule is... if crank meets track shoe seriously and / or repeatedly, the Tab can and will be revoked...

Thanks!

Back