Case Study: The Soul Plane Incident

So then what happened was-

Oh wait, sorry, I forgot there was a seven-day moratorium on this topic thanks to Chopstick. Never mind.

If there aren't any issues with customs over WTF did you people get that weapon (Customs MP's are used to seeing people issued both an SVD and M4), No the wooden crate is only labeled Scotch, it was the only crate we could find.....?

There aren't strippers or female Air Force types involved......

The greatest danger is that one of the troops staying behind will decide fuck it... This sitting around shit is for the birds... I'm going to find a job wile I'm here without telling the Cdr. Then informally attaches his ass to some unit headed outside the wire for a couple of weeks.....

Beyound that.... it's all good.

If there aren't any issues with customs over WTF did you people get that weapon (Customs MP's are used to seeing people issued both an SVD and M4), No the wooden crate is only labeled Scotch, it was the only crate we could find.....?

There aren't strippers or female Air Force types involved......

The greatest danger is that one of the troops staying behind will decide fuck it... This sitting around shit is for the birds... I'm going to find a job wile I'm here without telling the Cdr. Then informally attaches his ass to some unit headed outside the wire for a couple of weeks.....

Beyound that.... it's all good.
Rota is a Naval Air Station, so getting AF scabbies is reduced.
I see a fight at the O or Chief's Club.

Good ideas everyone.

For everyone EXCEPT Chopstick ;) :

Absolutely nothing unusual happens on the Early Bird flight home.

2LT Hyatt ensures all of the sensitive items are turned in, and that everyone gets signed out on leave. First Sergeant Reynolds calls to give you the closeout report. You ask him what his plans are, and he says he’s going to wait until you get home before he starts leave. You assure him that isn’t necessary, there are only 12 detachment Soldiers on the Late Bird flight. Eventually you convince him that he can go ahead and start leave. “It’s mostly officers on my flight anyway,” you say. “That’s what I’m afraid of, sir” he jokes back.

The days go by quickly. Most people spend their time between the chow hall, the gym, the MWR hut, and the sleep tent. All twelve of you are put into the same large tent designated for transient living. Since everyone else is already gone, you have quite a bit of room to spread out. Chief Rollins, the counterintelligence warrant officer and the only female in the Late Bird crew, originally had a separate tent designated for females all to herself. However, she woke up one night with some strange man in her tent. She wasn’t harmed, but right then, the moved into the very center of the tent where the other members of the detachment were staying. The next morning she put up a curtain of poncho liners and no one batted an eye to have her living in the same tent.

Hmmm...

I been in Chief Rollins shoes - poncho liner curtains and living in the middle of people you trust is definitely the way to go.

LL

OK, she's hot. There are some attractive women in CI, so it adds to realism.

ok... the Reader's Digest Version of this story so far...
1. EOT exfil scheduled
2. SF Team bumps 12 from our hero's MIDet to a later plane (exfil x 12 pax bumped a week)
3. Initial exfil is smooth,
a. 2LT Snuffy does well with getting the team back and 1SG is cutting pax loose for leave after outbrief
b. staybehinds are lonely, bored, but safe
4. there is 1 ea hot Whiskey CWO CI type, originally bunked solo, changed RON acccomodations to a semi private 'hospital suite' in the middle of the remaining MID bunks... after an incident with Free stalking her in the middle of the night.:zzz:
5. multiple confirmations that CWO must be hot from the young and delirious in the crowd:-"
6. To this point nothing wholly untoward nor detrimental to unit honor has occurred... but there has to be a twist on its way... it's a Mara Case Study.....:-|

ok... the Reader's Digest Version of this story so far...
....:-|

Yep; that's pretty much it.

To this point nothing wholly untoward nor detrimental to unit honor has occurred... but there has to be a twist on its way... it's a Mara Case Study.....:-|

So you're saying "the end" isn't appropriate at this time? ;)

OK, she's hot. There are some attractive women in CI, so it adds to realism.

OK then, I'll have to do some character development for Rollins, I mean past "she's hot." No problem.

/////

While you’re forming up for final manifest call on the day of departure, Doc Chin, the Group surgeon, approaches you with a big smile on his face. He asks if you want some Ambien for your trip; you say “sure, Doc” and he holds out a huge bottle of the drug. “Wow, you got us a whole bottle?” “Yes,” he replies, “one pill is ‘help me sleep a couple of hours,’ two pills is ‘put me in a coma until we land CONUS.” You thank the doc profusely and slip the bottle into your pocket. Ambien is very hard to come by, and he managed to score you a whole bottle.

Manifest call goes fine, except for one Soldier who shows up late. His name is SGT Douchet, he’s an admin clerk, newly promoted (and in your opinion, overpromoted) to E5. He seems to have a bit of an attitude when some of the more senior NCOs give him a hard time about showing up late for final manifest. You let it go; after all, you’re heading home today. Sensitive items pallatization goes without incident, and one of the detachment’s E8s counts everyone onto the flight. By tradition (and by pre-flight brief), the front left row of seats closest to the left-side emergency doors is reserved for the flight OIC and NCOIC. This is for a couple of reasons- one, because it’s always easier to find the people in charge when they’re consistently seated in the same spot, and two, because those seats are considered more comfortable because of the extra leg room; it’s kind of a reward for having to go through the pain-in-the-ass that comes with being the OIC and NCOIC of the flight. As you’re getting onboard, you see that SGT Douchet is sitting on the front row, the one that’s usually reserved for the OIC and NCOIC. He has also spread his gear out over the entire row; clearly, his intent is to have the whole row to himself. Well, Douchet was late for manifest call, maybe he missed that part of the briefing? No, he’s just being a dick. You feel your temper start to flare. What do you do?

Yep; that's pretty much it.

So you're saying "the end" isn't appropriate at this time? ;)

OK then, I'll have to do some character development for Rollins, I mean past "she's hot." No problem.

/////

While you’re forming up for final manifest call on the day of departure, Doc Chin, the Group surgeon, approaches you with a big smile on his face. He asks if you want some Ambien for your trip; you say “sure, Doc” and he holds out a huge bottle of the drug. “Wow, you got us a whole bottle?” “Yes,” he replies, “one pill is ‘help me sleep a couple of hours,’ two pills is ‘put me in a coma until we land CONUS.” You thank the doc profusely and slip the bottle into your pocket. Ambien is very hard to come by, and he managed to score you a whole bottle.

Manifest call goes fine, except for one Soldier who shows up late. His name is SGT Douchet, he’s an admin clerk, newly promoted (and in your opinion, overpromoted) to E5. He seems to have a bit of an attitude when some of the more senior NCOs give him a hard time about showing up late for final manifest. You let it go; after all, you’re heading home today. Sensitive items pallatization goes without incident, and one of the detachment’s E8s counts everyone onto the flight. By tradition (and by pre-flight brief), the front left row of seats closest to the left-side emergency doors is reserved for the flight OIC and NCOIC. This is for a couple of reasons- one, because it’s always easier to find the people in charge when they’re consistently seated in the same spot, and two, because those seats are considered more comfortable because of the extra leg room; it’s kind of a reward for having to go through the pain-in-the-ass that comes with being the OIC and NCOIC of the flight. As you’re getting onboard, you see that SGT Douchet is sitting on the front row, the one that’s usually reserved for the OIC and NCOIC. He has also spread his gear out over the entire row; clearly, his intent is to have the whole row to himself. Well, Douchet was late for manifest call, maybe he missed that part of the briefing? No, he’s just being a dick. You feel your temper start to flare. What do you do?

Tell him to move his shit out of the TC area. Or make him the TC and let him earn his E-5 pay;)

Tell him to move his shit out of the TC area. Or make him the TC and let him earn his E-5 pay;)

x100.... plus a little NCO Luuuuuuuurve thrown in from the NCOIC for the newly promoted asshat... who it appears is looking to lose his newly acquired stripes with aCompany or Bn grade Art.15 for failure to muster and failure to follow load plan. But hey, that's just me... late and lost is no way to show you are an NCO.

Remind him of what the plan was and tell him to GTFO of your seats. Although I'm guessing that since this detail would be somewhat benign without some follow up incident, the SGT throws attitude around and other actions are required....

Back