Christchurch

Watched the live stream video, damn brutal.

RIP

I hate to be cynical, but I'm at work now and I know by the time I'm home the video is likely to be burried. I currently work in security, and am interested purely for SA/proactive purposes.

Is there any way you could PM me a link, I doubt SS wants it posted here.

Either way, Thanks.

The commentary after he leaves is just sick. I saw a link on a forum with a number in their name before all the links were taken down by the hosting sites. Dude is nuts.

*edited to say wher eI found them no longer has them.

Last edited:
Don't watch that shit guys. Unless you're paid to it's just not right.

I'm inclined to agree with you here. I'm not sure how viewing the video makes my personal life better/more tactical.

@BlackSmokeRisinG
I don't work in the security industry, so from a purely informational standpoint, how might watching the video help within your career field?

There will be plenty of professional analysis of it down the line that will be available, I'm sure.

^^I work as an armed gaurd for a hospital system. There's several things that could be learned, just a few is approach, tactical use of cover, time between reloads, crowd reaction etc.

I don't "have" to watch obviously, but there's plenty of shooting and violence videos out already all over the net if I wanted to watch for some type of entertainment value.

To be straight with you, I was a medic from 03-08 and these sort of videos don't get a reaction out of me anymore.

I should add I was scheduled to meet with my facility coordinator next Tuesday to discuss this sort of scenario already and this is a transitioning topic where I work.

An Interesting and obviously a terrible turn of events. NZ can expect an Australian or British set of gun laws to take effect in short order.
Those self righteous pricks back home who've been preaching for years about gun laws can suck it.
Gun laws don't work, and will never work.

Don't watch that shit guys. Unless you're paid to it's just not right.

Wrong, we must watch and learn. Knowledge is power.
Lots of lessons to be learned here.

An Interesting and obviously a terrible turn of events. NZ can expect an Australian or British set of gun laws to take effect in short order.
Those self righteous pricks back home who've been preaching for years about gun laws can suck it.
Gun laws don't work, and will never work.

Wrong, we must watch and learn. Knowledge is power.
Lots of lessons to be learned here.
The NZ gun laws will be in the frame. Best outcome is what occurred in Norway. Not much, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
On Saturday, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said attempts had been made repeatedly to tighten New Zealand's gun laws, but all had failed. After Friday's terrible attack, she said, it must now happen.

Of course politicians will use a tragedy to push their political agenda, before victims have even been named, while they can still get a knee jerk reaction out of people. Politicians never change.

I haven't been keeping up with the news like I normally would because I'm on leave and spending time with my family. But I'm saddened by what little I know about what happened to the Muslims in New Zealand. I've spent much of my adult life in a struggle against evil people who happen to be Muslim. But not every Muslim is my enemy, nor are they anyone else's. As far I as I know, the victims of this terrorist act were minding their own business and had harmed no one. They did not deserve to be attacked like this. No one does. No one should be targeted for who they are, what they believe, or who they love.

I joined the Army in part to protect people from this type of tragedy. I hope the authorities ruthlessly stomp out the organization responsible, while preserving the rights, liberties, and economic freedom of all innocent parties. My love to those affected directly or indirectly by this tragedy, and a special word of support to our ShadowSpear brothers (and sisters?) who are current or former New Zealand citizens.

I think the events over the weekend have shown that Christchurch will continue to have a lasting effect and inspiration on too many lost men. It's tragic and aggravating to see.

What struck me was how much of a shameless copycat that this mass shooting in Buffalo was to Christchurch. The streaming, writing on the gun, going in a combat shirt and pants with body armor, and the manifesto that was straight up plagiarized from the others. I fear that the amount of media attention given to this guy in conjunction with the amount of stuff for Tarrant will only make copycats more common. Opened the Washington Post to find a good half of the spread dedicated to this nutjob.

I hope he goes to jail for a long time, but I can't help thinking what a waste of life: for the victims, for the families, and even for the alleged shooter for going down this rabbit hole. It's dismaying in all the most painful ways imaginable.

Back