Christchurch

CQB

Australian SOF
Verified SOF
This looks appalling. I’m watching the news live & there’s two crime scenes. The shooter posted live on SOCMED as he shot up a mosque, apparently very graphic. More to follow.

It's pretty bad, the last report we had was 4 in custody, 3 men, 1 woman. I was linked to the videos, I'm not a snowflake but I found it pretty difficult to watch, children have been killed. One man heroically tried to tackle the shooter at the Deans Avenue mosque but was killed.

Its been confirmed that there was a simultaneous attack at the Linwood Avenue mosque, I live 2 blocks from the Linwood mosque and was driving back from work as it happened. There's a cordon in effect and the rescue helicopter has been flying a search pattern over the area. A friend in Papanui head gunfire and there is a report that someone was shot at Papanui high school but everything is pretty off the cuff with the media at the moment.

Police have confirmed that NZDF has made safe IEDs that were found in the vehicles.

Schools are still in lockdown including my kids school but they are a fair distance away so I'm not terribly worried on that regard.

I've read this nutcases agenda and hes a fucking loon. I hope he rots in hell for what he's come to my city and done.

Shocking. Those poor people.

I was sent the video but didn't finish watching it. Absolutely horrifying.

This is fucking awful. Seems extremely similar (suspect, manifesto, methods) to the Norway attacks back in 2011.

I hope all the wounded pull through

Sad situation.

Rest In Peace to all the murdered victims and prayers out for their families....

Not surprised this has happened, location maybe, the fact it happened no.

I can't condone violence against innocents either and hope all sides take a hard look inward.

Back