CIA - Special Activities Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, the bug zapper, excellent. Always a pile of crusty dead bugs who just couldn't resist not far away...

This thread deserves to live on... My 2cents.

That was a great read, these CIA SAS/SAD Operators are a really interesting group, thanks for writing Operator:thumbsup:

Pipe dreams.

My best bud, E-6 Ranger squad leader type (with a BS Degree) applied for Protective Services Officer and never got a call back. Makes looking at Paramilitary Ops Officer position as a joke now.

And a E-6 squad leader is the epiphany of success in the Regiment.

There's no problem bumping an older thread, provided that there is a purpose in bumping it. Don't take this too harshly, but knowing that you're 17 years old, and haven't even joined the military yet, to what purpose to do have of bumping up this thread? There aren't any answers that you're going to get from any board member, that you can't already find with a search engine.

I completely understand, the fact of the matter is that I'm a civvie - a teenaged civvie at that. I didn't mean to offend anyone by bumping this thread, it's just I find the whole OGA path pretty pretty interesting...I just have one question.Maybe this is a little too much by asking, and I'm not trying to violate OPSEC, but it's usually former Tier 1 guys that find themselves in that unit, or is that just a common misconception? Again, I didn't mean to offend anyone - you guys are the real deal I won't ask anything about this unit again. Thanks.

I completely understand, the fact of the matter is that I'm a civvie - a teenaged civvie at that. I didn't mean to offend anyone by bumping this thread, it's just I find the whole OGA path pretty pretty interesting...I just have one question.Maybe this is a little too much by asking, and I'm not trying to violate OPSEC, but it's usually former Tier 1 guys that find themselves in that unit, or is that just a common misconception? Again, I didn't mean to offend anyone - you guys are the real deal I won't ask anything about this unit again. Thanks.
So are you asking a question or are you not asking a question?

No shit, there I was...

bk15.jpg

Maybe this is a little too much by asking, and I'm not trying to violate OPSEC, but it's usually former Tier 1 guys that find themselves in that unit, or is that just a common misconception?
I attended a briefing by the CIA at my university about two weeks ago. The guy who gave the presentation on the Clandestine Service was a case officer, and he flat out said "Tier 1" special operations guys fill the Paramilitary role. I'm pretty sure no one knew what he was talking about, but I thought it was interesting he even mentioned it.

Guys,
It is the luck of the draw. That's it. What is the flavor for the month. I know from experience, from those who made it and those who did not that includes myself. This covers all government jobs. I have seen the Government select people with PhD that could not tie a shoe but could write a great paper. Then seen them hire someone that can shoot a a dime at a 1000 yards with a pistol but is lucky to write his or her own name. Just keep applying if you want it that bad.

I attended a briefing by the CIA at my university about two weeks ago. The guy who gave the presentation on the Clandestine Service was a case officer, and he flat out said "Tier 1" special operations guys fill the Paramilitary role. I'm pretty sure no one knew what he was talking about, but I thought it was interesting he even mentioned it.
Understood.

You should have asked him what Tier 1 means. ;)

How come no one wants to be a tier one walmart front entrance operator? Otherwise known on the inside as "the greeters".
Jesus dude, OPSEC!!! :D
And I'm still waiting for an answer on what a Tier 1 Operators is. Google turns up nothing or re-directs me to the YT video of that awful Gangnam Style song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back