Cider Thread

I like Magner's.

When I was in DC a few year ago, I linked up with Boon and sank a few pints of Magners... It was his first time ever drinking it, I just couldn't believe that a pub in DC had it on tap.

Magners, or Bulmers as it's called over here, is probably the most popular cider in the country. It's my usual "go to" cider.

When I was in DC a few year ago, I linked up with Boon and sank a few pints of Magners... It was his first time ever drinking it, I just couldn't believe that a pub in DC had it on tap.

Magners, or Bulmers as it's called over here, is probably the most popular cider in the country. It's my usual "go to" cider.

Magner's is awesome. Cider is a bit sweet for my taste to drink straight (at least, more than a pint or two), so I normally layer it with Guinness. Good stuff.

I guess my couple of forays into the cider drinking world were with lower quality ciders (local Oregon stuff and a couple of the national brands) but it really doesn't do much for me... Guinness, though, yum.... Quilter's Irish Death... Cold Smoke... Pig's Ass porter... Big Sky oatmeal Stout... Moose Drool... Newcastle... those are good... I'll see if I can find Magner's because of the high praise.

I've had Strongbow and didn't mind it. Ciders are too sweet for me though. I have been known to drop a shot of Fireball into a cider and drink it that way.

I was at a bar that called that shot "American Apple Pie" as it taste similar.

Have you ever seen "Justified"?

apple-pie-is-death-mags-bennett-margo-martindale-offers-moonshine-to-her-guests-and-enemies-in-justified-2x01.jpg

I prefer Woodchuck Amber on tap, and I have grown fond of some Strongbow Honey and Apple. Has anyone tried any of the new "adult rootbeers" hitting the market? Not Your Father's Rootbeer is pretty damn good. It reminds me of the old Jack Daniels Hard Cola they used to sell.

Funny thing about the beer crowd and looking down their noses at different drinks, many of the ciders and whatnot have more alcohol by volume than their man beers. Beer sucks. I don't know what horse piss tastes like (stop that joke at the pass lol), but if I had to imagine, it would taste like beer.

Acquired taste you say? So is slamming the toilet seat on my pecker. After a while, it doesn't hurt as much.....

:D:-oO_o

Now here this... No matter what, not even on a dare from a beautiful, sun-kissed, double breasted, mattress thrashing she-devil, do not eat the apple in apple pie moonshine. It will end poorly.

Haiy Clem, I jess swallored me a jug a cider an ahm feelin a might randy...spectin I'll go find me a city slicker an break him open like a shotgun. :D:D

Back