Civil Affairs Q-course

JawBreaker

Unverified
Hello I know that there's technically a post for this already but it is extremely old. I was just wondering if there is a different Q-Course for USAR Civil Affairs and Active Duty CA? I spoke with the 448th CA Bn and it sounds like there is in fact two separate courses. The other post on the forum here pretty much solidified what I already assume but I wasn't sure if there is something I may be misunderstanding.

Hello I know that there's technically a post for this already but it is extremely old. I was just wondering if there is a different Q-Course for USAR Civil Affairs and Active Duty CA? I spoke with the 448th CA Bn and it sounds like there is in fact two separate courses. The other post on the forum here pretty much solidified what I already assume but I wasn't sure if there is something I may be misunderstanding.

If your are re-classing from another MOS, then there is a shortned version, I think it was 3 weeks maybe?

If your are re-classing from another MOS, then there is a shortned version, I think it was 3 weeks maybe?

What if I am not reclassing from an Army MOS but switching from the Air Force Reserve to the Army Reserve? I assume this being the case I would attend the full-length CA Q-course? I honestly would like to attend the full course to ensure that I really get what it means to be a CA operator.

...I honestly would like to attend the full course to ensure that I really get what it means to be a CA operator.

What is it with that word that everyone wants it added to their job title? Why is it that everyone wants to be an"Operator" now?

And what defines an "Operator?"

Just curious....

Crip
a lowly SF "soldier"

Since this thread has been resurrected and I was reminded of it's presence, I will quote myself on a prior CA rant-

A Civil Affairs officer is a Soldier, a diplomat, a teacher, and a leader.

Realistically, a CA officer is a CERP project manager. We are all soldiers. The diplomat part is taken care of by the BSO or ODA in the area. The teacher is BSO/ODA. Not much leadership going on, CA teams are usually dismantled and pieced out to Co CDRs and ODAs- the team leader stays with the BSO or SOTF CDR to manage funds.

Back