Cloak of invisibility coming to an Army near you... eventually

So what you're trying to say is multicam is still the best right?

:D

Yeah, this is like watching two retards fight over a peanut butter sandwich from last week's lunchbox.

Regarding the ninja/predator camouflage:

Doing it with anything other than an active system that works within the human eye portion of the electromagnetic spectrum isn't going to work. Fiberoptics have great light transmission, however it's still not good enough to be able to make up for actual darkness... like you get in shadows.

Couple that with the fact that anything worn over a heat source can't magically just ignore thermodynamic law and shunt that energy into void space or some shit.

Using thermal manifestations (mirage) to your advantage would work, however you'd need the heat source (which would suck balls to have to wear) and then you're a beacon under any thermal imaging system. It wouldn't be hard to rig up a feedback enabled "cloak" that would spoof thermals with enough brains, but you'd need multiple sensors for the system to detect it's environment as well as temperature sensors to be able to monitor and control the system to conform to the surroundings... and it'd still need power because you'd be basically running heating elements or cooling elements in order to make it work.

More than anything else, power requirements are going to be the biggest thing.

IF you were to somehow harness the energy from a fart, transform it into a charging system to power this magical gillie suit made out of Unicorn fur.....you'd be set.

Just bring in tacos and IPA's before rolling out on a week long field problem and you'll power it all week.

:wall::-":zzz:

So what you're trying to say is multicam is still the best right?

:D

Actually, no. Multicam is better than UCP and the 2 previous desert uniforms as a pattern, but generally the most benefit comes from modern uniform designs providing utility that previous uniforms were lacking... and had to be local unit modifications if you were lucky to be somewhere that would/could.

Actually, no. Multicam is better than UCP and the 2 previous desert uniforms as a pattern, but generally the most benefit comes from modern uniform designs providing utility that previous uniforms were lacking... and had to be local unit modifications if you were lucky to be somewhere that would/could.

I know, I was being a sarcastic smartass.
The best camo IMHO, is derived from depth, plus color. E.G. a gilliesuite, which is just a modification of standard use of natural/local camouflage.

After all what are the 7 rules of camouflage?

Shape, Shine, Shadow, Silhouette, Surface, Spacing, Movement. A gillie/proper natural cam, addresses 6 of those.

PT shorts, flip flops, brown t shirt and face paint....I'm pretty sure their is a picture of me at JRTC, running around in just that....camouflage? Yeah I blend in, like I belong in an Airforce orgy.

Honestly the BDU/DCU's were just fine with a lil bit of added burlap to your equipment/upper body.

Back