Covid-19

A friend of mine, former co-worker, recently retired from the FBI. He said that an estimated 30% of Chinese nationals at our local university were actively engaged in academic espionage and other intelligence related activities.
Yep, that tracks. Even now, they won't admit Covid was released by their govt. Whenever anyone gets sick from another covid strain they blame the weather. They legit don't belong here.

Are you saying you don’t buy long Covid?

I’ve got an aunt and very good friend who would probably disagree with you.

Correct I don't. See Devildoc's response. But the point is that I had to hear it 5 times this morning before my provider showed up. It comes off as government pushing a narrative. "Are you sure you don't have this? Maybe you do, please call"

Maybe Long COVID is a thing, maybe it isn't, but we've been lied to for so many years that our skepticism and scorn are warranted. Maybe people aren't conspiracy theorists, maybe they were lied to for so long and so often they won't immediately buy your bullshit?

I'm probably full of shit and should go to bed.

<---- Not A Doctor

Some people can go YEARS without getting bronchitis - then - BAM - they get a nasty case of acute bronchitis.
...then it goes away.

Some people seem a little more prone to coming down with "a little bronchitis" almost every year. It seems to hit them a little harder...
...same strain of the same disease - it just fucks the them up worser for longer

But it isn't "long bronchitis"
(Not A Doctor)

Others have chronic bronchitis which IS long term disease process - but it has never been referred to as "long bronchitis" - at least not during the 16 years I spent as an 18D/NREMTP
Many of these same folks with chronic bronchitis are more susceptible to upper respiratory infections which often turns into recurring bouts of acute bronchitis that have the same worser for longer symptoms...
...still never heard it called "long bronchitis"
(Not A Doctor)

COVID - as we have seen - was a "flu like process" waaay back when it was almost illegal to call it the flu.
It did in fact - kill some folks.
Just like the regular flu kills folks.
Just like pneumonia kills folks.
Just like fucking shellfish allergies kills folks.
(Not A Doctor)

Others - even those godless vaccine deniers that refused to get the jab - seem to float through the hot zone without so much as a trace of the 'Rona...
-Short 'Rona
-Medium 'Rona
-Long 'Rona
Nothing - nil - nada
...and these people are terrible people that the POTUS said where going to kill us all - "For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death" - is what I believe he said.
(Not A Doctor)

I've never heard of "long anything" until people stopped being terrified of COVID. THAT is when "long" COVID seems to have popped up.
Not chronic COVID - not persistent COVID
LONG COVID
...and then tons of people got scared again - because just when they thought COVID was just another "viral syndrome" and they could sleep easy again - NOOOOO - long COVID is going to get us all
It's almost like "LONG" as an adjective when applied to COVID was more of a messaging diagnosis and less of an actual medically diagnosable condition.
(Not A Doctor)

...and now, isn't the CDC even saying "we the people" should just treat COVID like the flu?

Trust the science?
Trust your Doctors?
Not like I used to - not after I realized that legions of doctors willingly and zealously politiczed their oath while remaining silent about things like any possibility that "horse dewormers" might (or might not be) impactful when used to fight "the virus"

Long COVID ?
Sure - why not

Last edited:
<---- Not A Doctor

Some people can go YEARS without getting bronchitis - then - BAM - they get a nasty case of acute bronchitis.
...then it goes away.

Some people seem a little more prone to coming down with "a little bronchitis" almost every year. It seems to hit them a little harder...
...same strain of the same disease - it just fucks the them up worser for longer

But it isn't "long bronchitis"
(Not A Doctor)

Others have chronic bronchitis which IS long term disease process - but it has never been referred to as "long bronchitis" - at least not during the 16 years I spent as an 18D/NREMTP
Many of these same folks with chronic bronchitis are more susceptible to upper respiratory infections which often turns into recurring bouts of acute bronchitis that have the same worser for longer symptoms...
...still never heard it called "long bronchitis"
(Not A Doctor)

COVID - as we have seen - was a "flu like process" waaay back when it was almost illegal to call it the flu.
It did in fact - kill some folks.
Just like the regular flu kills folks.
Just like pneumonia kills folks.
Just like fucking shellfish allergies kills folks.
(Not A Doctor)

Others - even those godless vaccine deniers that refused to get the jab - seem to float through the hot zone without so much as a trace of the 'Rona...
-Short 'Rona
-Medium 'Rona
-Long 'Rona
Nothing - nil - nada
...and these people are terrible people that the POTUS said where going to kill us all - "For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death" - is what I believe he said.
(Not A Doctor)

I've never heard of "long anything" until people stopped being terrified of COVID. THAT is when "long" COVID seems to have popped up.
LONG COVID
...and then tons of people got scared again - because just when they thought COVID was just another "viral syndrome" and they could sleep easy again - NOOOOO - long COVID is going to get us all
It's almost like "LONG" as an adjective when applied to COVID was more of a messaging diagnosis and less of an actual medically diagnosable condition.
(Not A Doctor)

...and now, isn't the CDC even saying "we the people" should just treat COVID like the flu?

Trust the science?
Trust your Doctors?
Not like I used to - not after I realized that legions of doctors willingly and zealously politiczed their oath while remaining silent about things like any possibility that "horse dewormers" might (or might not be) impactful when used to fight "the virus"

Long COVID ?
Sure - why not

"Long" COVID is it contrived name for a type post-inflammation syndrome. You can get that with other things, but not with bronchitis. Probably a better example would be exacerbated asthma with someone who has a history of it. But there are other ailments as well. There are other things to it. But it's a catch all name for a difficult to pin down disease process.

That's the only point I was trying to make - it is a contrived name - a catch all.

I know quite well that the syndrome can exist with numerous disease processes - but during my time as a health care provider those processes were just referred to as "persistent" - and "persistent" was never used to bash people over the head. But again...
(Not A Doctor)

My real problem with "long" anything - is how quickly what would have normally been clearly messaged as a "catch all" phrase - was oddly messaged as some extra scary variant of something that was little more than a persistent case of any number of "flu like" disease processes.

That's the only point I was trying to make - it is a contrived name - a catch all.

I know quite well that the syndrome can exist with numerous disease processes - but during my time as a health care provider those processes were just referred to as "persistent" - and "persistent" was never used to bash people over the head. But again...
(Not A Doctor)

My real problem with "long" anything - is how quickly what would have normally been clearly messaged as a "catch all" phrase - was oddly messaged as some extra scary variant of something that was little more than a persistent case of any number of "flu like" disease processes.

Totally agree re: messaging and name. I think in the beginning it was called that because they thought it was 'just' persistent COVID and didn't know what to call it, but was very misleading: you don't call a flu that lasts months persistent flu because no flu lasts that long. It's something totally different. It was not just lazy and misleading, it was intellectually dishonest.

It's not really a persistence of disease but instead a constellation of weird complications from that disease. And you know that "syndrome" is medical-speak for "we don't know what the fuck is going on." I think providers have done a horrible job of trying to educate to the whole thing, and they deserve the distrust and apprehension they've earned.

LONG COVID

I always assumed that "long" was chosen due to the ease of spelling the word. Compared to chronic or persistent or any other word longer than four letters. Most people are, well, not the brightest. And, you want them to post about it, so you better make it easy for them to spell.

(Not A Doctor)

Will you write my manifesto bro?

It wont be so much "forgotten" as it will be downright memory-holed.

Then, they will publicly declare any "memories" of what they did as "misinformation" - at the threat of a visit from the Bureau of Disinformation and their neuralyzer - the one that shadow bans all of your controversial social media posts.

Forget that even the CDC is now saying "treat it like flu" and that even the most hardcore members of the Holy Church of Saint Fauci are now saying things like - "is it possible that the vaccine might have something to do with all of these agressvie cancers popping up in the young and otherwise very low threat demographics all over the world?"

For fuck sake - I just got a fucking email the other day talking about "cancer studies"
...yes, cANceR $tUd1eS
-and at a time when folks are JUST NOW starting to say that MAYBE
juuuust MAYBE -this experimental vaccine that does NOT prevent anything and does not result in immunity could be a factor in this oddly coincidental spike of aggressive cancers popping up in the young and otherwise very low threat demographics around the world

30 Years in the Army - the remnants of agent orange in Vietnamveterans - gulf war disease - open burn pits - even poison water at Camp Lejune - but I have never seen anything quite like this oddly timed email I saw the other day.
Sure, there was the occasional outreach and the random website that you could register but never an email with a bosses signature on it blabbering on about cancer studies and how much they care.

Everyone seems to have forgotten how piss poor the management of this thing was at ALL levels of our civilian and military leadership - in a country that likes to bludgeon you over the head with phrases like 'trust the science' - and how disgracefully heavy handed our senior leaders were about "mandating" that our service-members and civil-servants "voluntarily" accepted the vaccine...
...under the threat of possible termination or loss of benefits

Maybe this is different - maybe this is "long" cancer or something equally horrific that we are just supposed to be afraid of - because it is a total coincidence and is totally not related to the CVOVID vacine that isnt even a vaccine.
Oh, and before I forget...
(Not a Doctor)

Don't let the cock suckers and collaborators forget.
Yup, all these people need to pay. Not only for what they did, but for hiding and obfuscating intelligence when the Chinese had their fuck up. Same with the vaccines. At this point, I'm wondering if people like Soros, Davos, and Schwab, didn't take advantage of this to "decrease the world's surplus population".

Back