Crisis in the UK (Royalty related)

Oh and I'm picking up their security tab. You're welcome.

“Harry and Meghan have made clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives.”

They should refuse Trudeau’s offer then and cover 100% costs. Having Canadian citizens paying hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not into the 7 figures, for security for foreigners is not right.

“Harry and Meghan have made clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives.”

They should refuse Trudeau’s offer then and cover 100% costs. Having Canadian citizens paying hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not into the 7 figures, for security for foreigners is not right.

Technically both would have to go through the standard immigration process. Because the Queen isn't a citizen of any state, her offspring are not either. That's probablywhy they are staying here part time. And Canada doesn't have any laws of succession any more either, so he doesn't have any "rights" so to speak.

We already pay for their security when they come for a visit, so the money is already there.

You're partially right. The Queen doesn't require a passport to travel but the others do and carry British ones. He might be able to get a bush helo pilot job; I'd imagine that would get his points up (if your immigration minister doesn't give a special direction to fast track them that is).

You're partially right. The Queen doesn't require a passport to travel but the others do and carry British ones. He might be able to get a bush helo pilot job; I'd imagine that would get his points up (if your immigration minister doesn't give a special direction to fast track them that is).

I thought he was the boots on the guy, not the pilot guy. I could be wrong.

If it wasn't for my wife, I'd know squat about them.

He was the gunner/co-pilot in the Apache. Not sure if he a full qualified pilot on the Apache or not.

Edited: Reference to his wings, so he is a pilot.

"The Army Air Corps pilot wings are awarded upon completion of the basic helicopter course at RAF Shawbury and a subsequent Army course at Middle Wallop Airfield. Aircrew are then dispatched to their OCU to receive type training on either the Apache attack helicopter or the Wildcat battlefield support helicopter. A small number of Army aircrew are streamed fixed wing to fly the Army's Islander/Defender reconnaissance aircraft, or to become instructors at the Defence Elementary Flying School on the Tutor training aircraft.

The Army is unique in the British military in that both Officers and Non-Commissioned Officers can become aircrew and aircraft commanders. The wings are identical for both Officers and Other Ranks, and are worn on the left chest above any medals, similar to the RAF.

In all the services, award of wings does not confer any operational capability – this is declared by a front-line squadron once the student has reached satisfactory standard to allow them to be deployed operationally. This milestone, or 'Combat Ready Status', is the threshold necessary for the award of Flying Pay, a discretionary additional salary bonus for aircrew due to the nature of their work."

Last edited:

Not really. The Queen doesn't have any real power (and hasn't for hundreds of years) so while they might be subjects in a technical sense in a practical one it's no different to anyone else in a non-monarchy country.

If it wasn't for my wife, I'd know squat about them.

He was in an armoured unit for some time then went and flew Apaches.

Back