CSAR in europe

archade

back to the basics
Verified SOF

Quote:
The base of Cazaux hosts of September 9 to 23, the third edition of the Combined Joint Personnel Recovery Standardization Course (CSAR) training or research personnel isolated in hostile territory (Resco)....The base of Cazaux therefore welcome for two weeks over 200 participants from fifteen countries (Germany, Canada, Spain, USA, Greece, Italy, Spain, Sweden ...), including 75 pilots. In addition to the Puma, the Caracal Squadron Helicopter 1 / 67 "Pyrénées" commandos and paratroopers from the air, many other means are deployed for the occasion through the contribution of each nation: F16-E 3A, EH 101 Merlin, MI 24 Hind ... All this material was presented during the first days of CSAR Course before starting the lectures. The practical phase was then chained, offering missions whose difficulty increases as the evolutionary scenario.

Anyone else notice that the US Flag appears to be hanging incorrectly. I realize this is a Joint exercise hosted in Europe..but maybe someone told them of the error.

Well that might be technically true...I am unfamiliar with the flag etiquette pertaining to display of flags other than the US Flag, so I have to please ignorance on that issue.

To be fair...I am sure I am not completely aware of EVERY aspect of how to display our (US) flag, so I guess I should keep my piehole shut and not expect someone else to know it all too.

I'd say they hung the flags that way (vertically) to be able to fit them all in. Was it right? I dunno'. I won't comment on the US flag, but as far as the British flag goes (don't see it in the photo, though I assume it was there), personally, I have nothing against it so long as the flag is in good condition and the intentions were good.

I'd say they hung the flags that way (vertically) to be able to fit them all in. Was it right? I dunno'. I won't comment on the US flag, but as far as the British flag goes (don't see it in the photo, though I assume it was there), personally, I have nothing against it so long as the flag is in good condition and the intentions were good.

Hey Rapid, I totally get your point, wasn't trying to start a pissing match. Don't think that was your intentions either, and I agree you are probably on the mark about the flags being hung to accomodate all entities represented in the exercise. Just a detail I noticed about the US flag, I guess I would have hoped they would have taken time to hang each representatives colors properly, but I also agree there were probably no bad intentions.

Back