CSO Opinion Appreciated Here.

Rando134

Unverified
I have the Ruck Based Selection Prep from Military Athlete, and would appreciate guidance from a CSO familiar with Military Athlete in reguards to this program, or sticking with the 10 week preparation given by Marsoc recruiters. Any information is appreciated, and thanks in advance.

I can tell you if you do the 10 week prep you will be physically ready for ASPOC/A&S. Do the workout provided by the guys who will be evaluating you.

MA is a GREAT program. As is SEALFit and Mountain Athlete.

Those 3 programs are perfect for any SOF selection course. Crossfit is the perfect program once you GET to the SOF unit.

The problem I have with MA is its credentials. They claim to have experts who have first hand knowledge of every SOF selection course in the arsenal. For a small membership fee they will create a workout plan to get you ready for "CAG selection". I've taken a peek at the plan before and it has nothing to do with anything you'll be experiencing. Small gripe in an otherwise good program.

I am going to do the 10 weeks given, and incorporate the MA program on the short card days. I appreciate the insight.

I have not been verified, but I am MARSOC CSO. I know Rob Shaul and from attending his course and I've learned a lot. His "selection training programs" seem to be pretty good. He's getting good results. That being said the ten week A &S prep would probably be alright if you truly push yourself. I've read through it and I have some issues with it, but they are minor. You all know to get some good boots, thick socks, get used to having a ruck on. Also get into the pool and practice your side stroke and breast stroke. If possible tread water for 10 minutes and longer and practice cross overs. Many, many candidates show up and they are retards in the pool. Understand this, we are an amphibious branch, as a future MARSOC CSO you are expected to be comfortable in the water. Any way I'm working on getting verified, so please save the questions and re-buffs for IM's.

I have not been verified, but I am MARSOC CSO. I know Rob Shaul and from attending his course and I've learned a lot. His "selection training programs" seem to be pretty good. He's getting good results. That being said the ten week A &S prep would probably be alright if you truly push yourself. I've read through it and I have some issues with it, but they are minor. You all know to get some good boots, thick socks, get used to having a ruck on. Also get into the pool and practice your side stroke and breast stroke. If possible tread water for 10 minutes and longer and practice cross overs. Many, many candidates show up and they are retards in the pool. Understand this, we are an amphibious branch, as a future MARSOC CSO you are expected to be comfortable in the water. Any way I'm working on getting verified, so please save the questions and re-buffs for IM's.

http://www.shadowspear.com/vb/pages/info/ :thumbsup:

Please fill out an introduction as per the site rules.

Back