Dark Horse Beasts preping for work

Ravage

running up that hill
Some photos of the Bus Drivers in - what seems to be - Afghanistan.
God speed Dark Angeles, may you deliver your Precious Cargo where they need to be.
Night Stalkers Don't Quit!

2rw55j7.jpg

1zquflj.jpg

qpgoc4.jpg

Those are some pretty good lookin' targets!

:uhh::doh:

Might I suggest posting less and lurking more until you get the dynamics of this site? Your post history is... lacking?

Just a suggestion. Take it how you see fit. You already got on Pardus' good side. LOL

Ravage and RP, great pics!

x2

... yea man... wtf?

on a side note... The child in me wishes those Chinooks could transform... Bad ass piece of machinery.

Great pics Ravage, RP!

Brings back some good and not so good memories. When they came into a hot LZ, they would come in high and cork screw almost straight down. You could see the ground from the port hole. My helmet seemed to have gained 100 pounds. Other time, I was almost left behind. Chinook came in, so you hunker down, when the pilot was down, he would back off on the rotors. That was the sign to move and get on board. This time the rotors where going full force for what seemed like a long time, I looked around, and noticed the Chinook front wheels where dangling out in space, rear wheels on the ground, and I was the only one that was not boarding. The last Marine next to me, was stepping on the rear ramp as I made my move. They sure beat walking.

Brings back some good and not so good memories. When they came into a hot LZ, they would come in high and cork screw almost straight down. You could see the ground from the port hole. My helmet seemed to have gained 100 pounds. Other time, I was almost left behind. Chinook came in, so you hunker down, when the pilot was down, he would back off on the rotors. That was the sign to move and get on board. This time the rotors where going full force for what seemed like a long time, I looked around, and noticed the Chinook front wheels where dangling out in space, rear wheels on the ground, and I was the only one that was not boarding. The last Marine next to me, was stepping on the rear ramp as I made my move. They sure beat walking.

What do you mean by corkscrewing straight down?

What do you mean by corkscrewing straight down?

I don't know the fly boys terms, Rather than dropping straight down like a rock would, they would come straight down in a circular path, Like the shape of a cork screw. Very tight turn, bird spirally down at a steep angle. You can google it, there are other description on the net, I could not find a photo. The bird would lean over almost on it side. I noticed it is even used by Fixed wing for a rapid descent.

Back