Ding, Dong: SOFREP Is Dead.

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
I can't attest to the veracity of this post, but the person who sent it to me is a friend who is well connected in the "vetrepreneur" space.

To sum up: the abortion known as "SOFREP" is no more. Their new name is "NEWSREP." Well, no points for originality.

To echo the sentiments represented below, "fuck Brandon Webb." AND Jack Murphy.

SOFREP cropped.jpg

A Stain Upon Veteran Honor: a Response to SOFREP • The Havok Journal
Has SOFREP Finally Dug Its Own Grave? – Alice Atalanta, Ph.D. – Medium
Opinions on SOFREP
Rift Among Navy SEALs Over Members Who Cash In on Brand
Former SEAL Brandon Webb accused of embellishing combat stories and friendships with the fallen
Navy SEAL’s ‘guide to Cuba’ is trash

Last edited:
SOFREP redirect: NEWSREP | Independent & Courageous News

GoldenGoodnaturedDragonfly-poster.jpg

I haven't paid attention to the trash show in a long time but that article on the Navy SEAL's 'guide to Cuba', kind of makes me want to read it. lol I've traveled to Cuba and as a Canadian Veteran, I've been singled out for "additional screening" by Cuban MP's every time. (I'm obviously a uber secret spy) I could only imagine how Webb must have greased some palms to avoid the same treatment.

Now hopefully it's only a matter of time before this reiteration of junk goes down the shitter.

Some of the people who worked for SOFREP or wrote for their blog are decent people. When when you work for or with individuals who lack character, sometimes you get tainted as well.

I was never RFS's (can't get RFS'd if you were never in the unit! :) ) or PNG'd but I'd work for Ranger Up. I like that company and its owner.

Some of the people who worked for SOFREP or wrote for their blog are decent people. When when you work for or with individuals who lack character, sometimes you get tainted as well.

I was never RFS's (can't get RFS'd if you were never in the unit! :) ) or PNG'd but I'd work for Ranger Up. I like that company and its owner.
No knock on you sir. Generally not a fan of most military clothing companies or lifestyle brands, save for OAF. They get it right.

Ranger Up HQ about 8 miles from my house. Come up, have a beer, and we can drive over.

The only thing I liked about SOFREP was the former SAS guy big Phil. I have seen him elsewhere, the man is a hoot.

No knock on you sir. Generally not a fan of most military clothing companies or lifestyle brands, save for OAF. They get it right.

I totally understand that. I just like to see "highly functions" (vs. dysfunctional) veterans being successful and portraying vets in a positive light. That even extends to organizations like Task and Purpose, which I admire as an organization despite strongly disagreeing with their political slant.

I totally understand that. I just like to see "highly functions" (vs. dysfunctional) veterans being successful and portraying vets in a positive light. That even extends to organizations like Task and Purpose, which I admire as an organization despite strongly disagreeing with their political slant.

I think T&P is good as a left leaning vet site. You don’t have much of that and I still believe they put out good material. As far as breaking the “bro vet” and “victim vet” stereotypes I don’t think you can get much better than OAF and what they put out. Anyone who pushes for guys getting into business, further service or the arts after their time is a good organization IMO.

I buy most of RP's shirts from ScrollFactory. He served with the owner and he runs it by himself.
I have no issue with RU’s messaging or management. I think it’s more a generational thing- guys who I’ve come up with just think of the nerds in airborne and RASP who wore Ranger Up or their basic training gear and just oozed “cherry” energy. This is all personal opinion though.

I think T&P is good as a left leaning vet site. You don’t have much of that and I still believe they put out good material. As far as breaking the “bro vet” and “victim vet” stereotypes I don’t think you can get much better than OAF and what they put out. Anyone who pushes for guys getting into business, further service or the arts after their time is a good organization IMO.
I disagree. When that thing goes I will certainly be happy.

I have no issue with RU’s messaging or management. I think it’s more a generational thing- guys who I’ve come up with just think of the nerds in airborne and RASP who wore Ranger Up or their basic training gear and just oozed “cherry” energy. This is all personal opinion though.

I bought a few shirts when was in college and first on active duty...but these days I try to look as normal-civilian as possible...because we're all targets.

I disagree. When that thing goes I will certainly be happy.

I bought a few shirts when was in college and first on active duty...but these days I try to look as normal-civilian as possible...because we're all targets.
Because they posit a position you don’t agree with? Not a good reason for something to go away. Bad journalism, illegal business practices, abuse of the vet community- ok, fine. Saying things I don’t like? No.

Ranger Up has non-Ranger stuff that I rather like. I think they did one for Memorial Day several years ago with poppies and such. 30 seconds out is another great company and the founder/ owner Evan, despite being a former ST6 guy, seems like a good dude and doesn't have a bunch "I are cool SEAL" stuff for sell.

Because they posit a position you don’t agree with? Not a good reason for something to go away. Bad journalism, illegal business practices, abuse of the vet community- ok, fine. Saying things I don’t like? No.
They published plenty of bad journalism. Particularly one article IIRC was posted here with the author's only exposure to the service was her brother being a Air Force Reservist. The take was horrible. The position worse.

When it comes to my own POV, it's pretty moderate, or is moderate becoming conservative now? Bring me back the NYT of 2002.

Ranger Up has non-Ranger stuff that I rather like. I think they did one for Memorial Day several years ago with poppies and such. 30 seconds out is another great company and the founder/ owner Evan, despite being a former ST6 guy, seems like a good dude and doesn't have a bunch "I are cool SEAL" stuff for sell.

There's one shirt they make that is never in stock that I've been wanting to get...everyone seems to buy it up fast. Oh shit, better buy it now: Tshirt - No One Is Coming

Back