Disaster Preparedness.

I’m now talking about world war z btw. I’m talking hurricane Andrew and civil unrest type shit.

What to keep on hand for med, water, provisions and kit.

I don't perscribe to the "bug out" since I have no bug out location.

I have a get home bag, so, if I'm at work, about 15 miles where I'm at, I can either hoof it or shelter at work.

Bag has typical, not big, water, trauma gear, toiletries for male/female in case wife and I are together, ammo, knife, shelter, ear/eye/face pro (think tear gas).

Home, the typical, water, toiletries, especially since cunts and their TP during plandemic. Food for few weeks.

I really want to take advantage of My Patriot Supply, they have plans for freeze dried, MRE type for 7 months to year supply.

Regarding additional assistance, I can link with a bro of mine, his wife/son, my bro in law/wife (he's a cop, an actual good one). Problem is, sister in law/husband/daughters.

1 daughter in college in the state, a good distance though, the other is younger. Both adults are liberals that are not very prepared/no buy in/typical follow the science type that offer/bring nothing to the table for community assistance (HR manager and computer nerd).

Last edited:
In regards to trauma, since med is my career/half my life in med, have plenty if trauma stuff, the typical stuff you know about.

Boo boo/snivel stuff too, OTC meds for colds, headache, pain. That kind of stuff.

Kit/gear? I'm not a kit dude, don't have kit like that but have the protection stuff that the fucking fedcoats want.

Fuel, propane would be a good thing to have. Maybe bartering stuff.

I recently watched a video about Pat MacNamara (former CAG) when asked what he did during power outage in NC when that transformer was attacked, he's prepared.

1 thing he said, echoed with me. Having your preps, whatever you call it, if, at some point government is handing out food/MREs, be in the line anyway. It shows your neighbors you're in nerd, less of a chance of them turning against you for stuff.

Im at work, my partner and I were just talking about this shit. Black Friday at 0500 and the plandemic shit paper proves that, as we all knew, folks in groups are dangerous, anxious, scared. Wait till the meat and milk runs out and your kids are starving.

Here in the FL 'burbs, we plan for around 30-60 days of food and if it looks bad, we have several unused garbage cans we fill with water before the storm hits. When you start talking larger, national-level events then the conversation takes on an entirely new dimension with a metric shit ton of dead.

I found it easier to have supplies when we were in rural Georgia and had land. Since we have been back on active duty, in an urban environment with very limited space it’s been a challenge.

Water storage being the most challenging.
How are those of you in an urban environment handling it?

Bought a couple of these for the house when we have severe weather....they are pretty dang good. Small size is good to throw into the car for road trips or camping.

The Siege® Camping Lantern | Streamlight®
I stocked up on that type of stuff when we were at JBMDL. I just happened to be at SERE, in the woods and the entirety of base housing lost power. Didn’t find out until I got back.

What do y’all consider the top 5 essentials?

Priorities depend on your location and the nature of the threat. In Florida, it's hurricanes. In California it's earthquakes, mudslides and wildfires. So regionally essentials change. But generally speaking I'd list

Water
Non-perishable food
Comprehensive medical kit
Cash
Firearm and ammunition

Priorities depend on your location and the nature of the threat. In Florida, it's hurricanes. In California it's earthquakes, mudslides and wildfires. So regionally essentials change. But generally speaking I'd list

Water
Non-perishable food
Comprehensive medical kit
Cash
Firearm and ammunition
Fiat notes or bullion?

I found it easier to have supplies when we were in rural Georgia and had land. Since we have been back on active duty, in an urban environment with very limited space it’s been a challenge.

Water storage being the most challenging.
How are those of you in an urban environment handling it?

Get some water purification solutions, even if it's just a couple of filter straws. If you can get a bigger filter, get collapsing water containers. Fill the tubs, sinks, ect. If your plumbing is still working.

This is good stuff! What’s everyone’s take on best water purification system?

I don't have much experience but simple iodine tabs are the classic. Using charcoal filters, different layers of stone of different sizes but I don't know exactly how to do that. For small amounts of water, life straws or similar works.

This is good stuff! What’s everyone’s take on best water purification system?

Sawyer straws/life straws or a grayl gravity press for myself.

I use sawyer when I'm up in the mountains, and basically never carryover than 1L of water in because of that.
Iodine to purify large sources.

I want to get a puribag like this video shows, but I keep forgetting to buy it.

Back