Disaster Preparedness.

It does illustrate an issue with the water ideas here though. Tablets will not take something like latex out of a water source.

The local government/EPA say its safe to drink. Ok, East Palestine 2.0, lol.

The spill happened a half mile from us, we live near the river. Rhom and Haas/Down Chemical. If that place ever goes up in an explosion, we'll feel it pretty good.

I recall years ago, a 5 alarm fire that was caused by a lightening strike to a container of, fuck, forget. Anyhow, Kenny and I were first medic in, called 2 additional medics in, hours later, we were both hospitalized with nausea/headaches, told we were fine.

I’m
We are in farm country and have an electric well-pump which goes when we lose power. I've been putting off getting a generator because of the expense...but we lost power for 8 days during Hurricane Irma and could've used one. Other expenses seem to crop up and take precedence.
It doesn’t have to be too big, just enough for essentials. We had a small 12 volt petrol one which powered the lights & hot water on our off grid property. We’re now on solar.

As much as I hate tobacco, it is another universal currency.

I can't remember my last close encounter with a smoker, it's been more than a month. I did smell one in the grocery shop the other day, but I think they'd already left the aisle.
They're becoming a rare rare breed in my neck of the woods.

Sometimes it depends on the disaster. Last night we had a major snowstorm; power out for almost 24 hours.

The backup battery sump-pump did the job and prevented the basement from becoming wet.

I had the whole-house generator set up to run everything at the flip of a switch.

I sat in my garage after taking care of the driveway with the snowblower and watched neighbors across the street panic because they did not have a back up sump pump or a generator.

As I smoked my cigar and sipped my coffee, I thought… This is being prepared for an emergency.

I can't remember my last close encounter with a smoker, it's been more than a month. I did smell one in the grocery shop the other day, but I think they'd already left the aisle.
They're becoming a rare rare breed in my neck of the woods.
I think they’ve been herded into the MCG, given a packet of Tally-Hos & told to smoke the grass clippings.

How I have been preparing to serve my community. I have been upgrading my skillset. To better prepare myself should the need arise.
As well I am a student of the NNSA's CTOS Rad/Nuc Training center. I am in the Intro to rad/nuc WMD operation class at this time. 69839578280__10BF8299-C2EA-44CD-A059-118A39201CC5.jpeg69839576136__B3EACDD9-A416-4A41-AFD7-3CA1DCBF26DC.jpegIMG_0731.jpeg
Finished the FEMA Emergency Medical Response Awarens for CBRNE Incidents. For some reason he pic will not load though.

How I have been preparing to serve my community. I have been upgrading my skillset. To better prepare myself should the need arise.
As well I am a student of the NNSA's CTOS Rad/Nuc Training center. I am in the Intro to rad/nuc WMD operation class at this time. View attachment 42141View attachment 42142View attachment 42143
Finished the FEMA Emergency Medical Response Awarens for CBRNE Incidents. For some reason he pic will not load though.

Did you go to the school in Anniston? I've been there many, many times. That is a great experience with top notch training.

Back