Disturbed covers "Sounds of Silence"

If we flip the 'newer covering older' theme, this reminds me of the following cover.

Like Ooh-Rah, I'd heard NIN do this song who knows how many times; never took notice of the tone and lyrics until someone unexpected made it his own and made it great:

Truth be told, I like it better than the original.

I feel like I have already shared this, but I cannot find it.
Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart, along with Jason Bonham, playing Stairway to Heaven as a tribute for Led Zeppelin on Dec. 2, 2012 at Kennedy Center.

This woman can sing her freeking ass off- well worth a listen. Especially if you have solid speakers.

Had a feeling something like this would come out eventually. I like it. Of course, I'm a little biased.....

"Green eyes, black rifles"

Yep, that pretty damn impressive.

I'm always astonished by former hard core rockers, when they go into acoustics or actually demonstrate their full vocal ranges vs the standard screaming. And don't get me wrong I still love the screaming, but it just amazing and sometimes shocking to see how incredible their voices truly are.

Good find!
I love screaming but more important to me is that they can have clean vocals as well as the screams. Think thats why I love FFDP and All that remains a lot. The guy Corey from Slipknot has an amazing voice-clean and can scream.

Back