Domestic Terrorism, Lone Wolf Attacks etc...

French soldiers wounded in Jewish centre attack

A man wielding a knife has attacked three soldiers patrolling outside a Jewish community centre in Nice, in the south of France.

The soldiers were wounded and police said the assailant was captured. Nice Mayor Christian Estrosi told French TV that a second man had been arrested in connection with the stabbing. The attacker was expelled from Turkey last week and questioned upon his return, French media reported. France has been on high alert since last month's terror attacks in Paris by three Islamist gunmen, in which 17 people were killed. After the attacks, 10,500 soldiers were deployed outside sensitive sites including Jewish and Muslim centres as well as media buildings. The soldiers attacked in Nice were guarding a building in the city's Massena square which houses the Jewish community centre and a Jewish radio station.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31118020

Thankfully no one was killed. I'm a little surprised the Soldiers didn't kill the attacker actually.

Thankfully no one was killed. I'm a little surprised the Soldiers didn't kill the attacker actually.

It says a shop owner, tram workers, and cops caught him. Maybe he just slashed while running by and it happened too quick to get a shot? I certainly hope it's not because the soldiers guns are just for show. I can't imagine they would be after the attacks in Paris, but who knows.

The high ranking idiots in command of these security missions usually have troops patrolling without mags loaded. It gets worse though. The magazines are often kept in sealed plastic bags...

In other words, it's all for fucking show. If some hajji attacks the person standing next to you, it'd be quicker to kick his ass rather than to have to reach for a bag, rip it open, load the mag and chamber a round.

Pathetic and completely disjointed from the reality of the risk they face today. The only exception (when soldiers do patrol with mags loaded) is in the immediate aftermath of an attack like this or the Hebdo killings... but it's a bit too fucking late then. And yes, the French people themselves are rightly pissed off that this is the case. For one because it's putting soldiers themselves at risk, and secondly because the soldiers are not in an ideal/immediate position to defend citizens.

And you thought PT belts were retarded...

The high ranking idiots in command of these security missions usually have troops patrolling without mags loaded. It gets worse though. The magazines are often kept in sealed plastic bags...

In other words, it's all for fucking show. If some hajji attacks the person standing next to you, it'd be quicker to kick his ass rather than to have to reach for a bag, rip it open, load the mag and chamber a round.

Pathetic and completely disjointed from the reality of the risk they face today. The only exception (when soldiers do patrol with mags loaded) is in the immediate aftermath of an attack like this or the Hebdo killings... but it's a bit too fucking late then. And yes, the French people themselves are rightly pissed off that this is the case. For one because it's putting soldiers themselves at risk, and secondly because the soldiers are not in an ideal/immediate position to defend citizens.

And you thought PT belts were retarded...

Jesus...

Hopefully that changes ASAP!

...The high ranking idiots in command o f these security missions usually have troops patrolling without mags loaded. It gets worse though. The magazines are often kept in sealed plastic bags...

I've always hated the fact that troops were made to patrol with unloaded magazines. They don't serve as "deterrents." They simply become "targets" who can't defend themselves against the ones they are supposed to be patrolling for. Truly sad.

Last edited:
^^^ I felt the same way shortly after 9/11, having to stand gate guard at Ft. Hood with not even an empty weapon between the lot of us, except for the sidearm carried by the one MP hating life in the guard shack.

I'm surprised this sort of shit also happens in the US -- of all places! They don't make troops keep the magazines stashed away in sealed bags though, do they?

I'm surprised this sort of shit also happens in the US -- of all places! They don't make troops keep the magazines stashed away in sealed bags though, do they?

There are armed guards at every base in the USA.*

*Every base Ive ever been to anyway.

There are armed guards at every base in the USA.*

*Every base Ive ever been to anyway.

Oh yeah, I expect that -- I was just referring to the anecdotes about standing around unarmed or soldiers who don't have mags loaded.

And what about in public spaces? But then I suppose that doesn't apply, unless the National Guard is deployed.

Oh yeah, I expect that -- I was just referring to the anecdotes about standing around unarmed or soldiers who don't have mags loaded.

And what about in public spaces? But then I suppose that doesn't apply, unless the National Guard is deployed.

I know that happened a lot immediately after 9/11, the Military and the country didn't know how to react properly.

In my AO, troops are not allowed to be in uniform going to or from work/drill. There have been minor attacks, and viable threats. In fact I know of one NG unit that has a civi police presence now while training (There was a Jihadist attack very close to their base).
It's all far from ideal.

We shot the Army qualification course of fire for the M9 and M-4 this year. Because it was not the USAF qualification course, we would not be allowed to be armed if we were state activated for something. It still counts for deployments, but that's it.

So that begs the question of why did they make you fire it instead of the USAF course?

We had to shoot and the Army stepped up and helped us out when the AF wouldn't. It was a better course of fire, as @DA SWO said, which we appreciated, but it unfortunately doesn't matter to Big Blue.

To me if you feel the need to commit an act of terror on our soil and you are in fact born here just leave, nobody is forcing you to be here and at the same time we aren't going to hold your little sissy hand through the hard times. Any coward can strap a bomb to them or shoot up a school, mall, church etc. Also attacking police, not saying that all cops are straight but regardless aiming at those who choose above all else to protect your pathetic ass is something I will never understand. Knowing when they are in trouble and when they see a uniform in any form they are happy, they need to understand there will be people who won't stand for it and will push back as well.

We had to shoot and the Army stepped up and helped us out when the AF wouldn't. It was a better course of fire, as @DA SWO said, which we appreciated, but it unfortunately doesn't matter to Big Blue.
Go check the CATMs regs. Wx and TACP use to have a waiver so the Army Course counted.

Go check the CATMs regs. Wx and TACP use to have a waiver so the Army Course counted.

I'll look into it, but we are under the impression that waiver is only applicable for purposes of carrying while on Title 10 orders, and doesn't cover Title 32.

Ok, so the below is what I could find in the AFI. I couldn't find anything ANG specific as far as arming up for something like security after a natural disaster.

From AFI 32-2226:

5.15.1. Other Service qualifications will not be used to arm Air Force personnel for in garrison
arming missions on Air Force installations. Members who are reassigned from a
sister service installation to an Air Force installation must complete Air Force firearms
qualification training to remain qualified.

It must be incredibly frustrating as an Islamic terrorist to not have your views and motives taken seriously by the societies you terrorize, even after you've explicitly and repeatedly stated them. Even worse, those on the regressive left, in their endless capacity for masochism and self-loathing, have attempted to shift blame inwardly on themselves, denying the terrorists even the satisfaction of claiming responsibility. It's like a bad Monty Python sketch.

"We did this because our holy texts exhort us to to do it."

"No you didn't."

"Wait, what? Yes we did..."

"No, this has nothing to do with religion. You guys are just using religion as a front for social and geopolitical reasons."

"WHAT!? Did you even read our official statement? We give explicit Quranic justification. This is jihad, a holy crusade against pagans, blasphemers, and disbelievers."

"No, this is definitely not a Muslim thing. You guys are not true Muslims, and you defame a great religion by saying so."

"Huh!? Who are you to tell us we're not true Muslims!? Islam is literally at the core of everything we do, and we have implemented the truest most literal and honest interpretation of its founding texts. It is our very reason for being."

"Nope. We created you. We installed a social and economic system that alienates and disenfranchises you, and that's why you did this. We're sorry."

"What? Why are you apologizing? We just slaughtered you mercilessly in the streets. We targeted unwitting civilians - disenfranchisement doesn't even enter into it!"

"Listen, it's our fault. We don't blame you for feeling unwelcome and lashing out."

"Seriously, stop taking credit for this! We worked really hard to pull this off, and we're not going to let you take it away from us."

"No, we nourished your extremism. We accept full blame."

"OMG, how many people do we have to kill around here to finally get our message across?"

I watched this video a moment ago... you would enjoy it. It mocks the bizarre Liberalism in school systems.

This Hilarious Video Mocks The Bizarre Liberalism In Schools -

Back