Dorian

We got some sporty gusts and a bit of rain. The surge was (and still is, on the Outer Banks) an issue; there is some minor flooding (nothing like Florence, Floyd, Matthew...), but there were several tornadoes. Two fatalities, and one firefighter injured when a tree fell on his vehicle when he was responding to a call.

Now I know why they put a net under the slide for life.
LOL

I know this has been causing you sleep loss and added anxiety; so I've gotten to the bottom of this for you!

Photo Gallery: Parris Island recruits gain new confidence after completing Confidence Course

Recruits were falling headfirst or backfirst into the water from the tallest point of the obstacle and getting injured. The net does not run the full length of the water, and when they fall, they still get wet. Just not with as much impact.

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.33.46 AM.png

On Monday I had ordered a new bike hitch carrier. Hurricane Dorian may have closed the military installations and had part of the city evacuated, but USPS didn't care. They not only dropped off our regular mail but also a 30lb box.
I’ve had packages delivered while under Tornado Warnings, they gon’ deliver.

On Monday I had ordered a new bike hitch carrier. Hurricane Dorian may have closed the military installations and had part of the city evacuated, but USPS didn't care. They not only dropped off our regular mail but also a 30lb box.
I’ve had packages delivered while under Tornado Warnings, they gon’ deliver.
Through rain, sleet or snow...

Guess they better add hurricanes to that..

LL

Shit, I wish: our neighborhood FB group primarily exists so we can figure out who received who's mail here. I've had to call the post office multiple times to have them send the carrier back to deliver packages she's scanned as delivered but "forgot" to put in the mailbox or on the front porch.

LOL

I know this has been causing you sleep loss and added anxiety; so I've gotten to the bottom of this for you!

Photo Gallery: Parris Island recruits gain new confidence after completing Confidence Course

Recruits were falling headfirst or backfirst into the water from the tallest point of the obstacle and getting injured. The net does not run the full length of the water, and when they fall, they still get wet. Just not with as much impact.

View attachment 29332

For crying out loud, what the hell has happened to my Corps...the gayness...it's making the room spin like a Cat 1 hurricane...

Back