SOV™ Flexible Body Armor "Moves when you Move"
Developments in body armor over the last thirty years are numerous, but very few actually have revolutionized the industry. The last two major developments were the introduction of Kevlar and Spectra products which significantly lowered weights compared to ballistic nylon. Now, Pinnacle Armor presents a revolutionary technology called DRAGON SKIN®, the first practical, FLEXIBLE BODY ARMOR that defeats rifle rounds.
Pinnacle Armor was founded by a noted inventor and author in the field of ballistic armor, Murray Neal. Mr. Neal has relied on his combined expertise of ballistic sciences and field experience to jointly achieve a quantum leap in technology-the first flexible body armor that defeats rifle fire. Now you can wear armor that flexes and molds to the contours of your body and allows for greater coverage than a rigid 10" x 12" plate which is the typical coverage offered in current technology.
SOV™ flexible armor is completely fabricated in the USA for American Special Forces, Police Tactical Teams and approved foreign militaries.
Unmatched in its capabilities, the SOV™ flexible body armor system offers the following features in Level III, IV & V body armor:
- Ballistic Capability
MIL-STD SOV-2000™The MIL-STD SOV-2000™ Level III flexible body armor system will defeat the following rifle rounds that normally fall into the Level IV category and all lesser threats.
- 7.62 x 39 mm 122 GR, steel case mild steel core: 2300 - 2400 fps.
- 5.56 x 45 mm 65 GR, M855 (SS109 Green tip): 3200 - 3300 fps.
MIL-STD SOV-3000™The MIL-STD SOV-3000™ Level IV & V flexible body armor system will defeat the rifle rounds listed on our ballistic chart in those threat categories.Additionally, the SOV-3000™ flexible Level IV & V systems exceed the MIL-P-46593A fragmentation requirements around the high power rifle defeating areas
- FlexibilityThe only Level III ballistic vests that are flexible enough to wrap around the whole torso area that "move when you move". No more restricted movements when rappelling, fast roping, diving, entry work, sky diving or other rigorous activities. These vests wear like level III-A soft body armor.
- LightweightThe lightest overt tactical and only covert concealable vests offering this type of protection and coverage.
- Coverage OptionsThe only Level III ballistic vests that offer a minimum of 44% more coverage from our standard combined front and rear rifle protection than two standard 10" X 12" tactical plates. Full torso wrap coverage is available.
- Nominal thicknessThe SOV-2000™ is the thinnest multiple repeat hit vest on the market and is from .796" to .858" in total nominal thickness.
- Diving CapableThe only Level III ballistic vests that are offered in a positive, negative or neutrally buoyant configuration. Two waterproofing configurations are utilized: an extremely durable and highly wear resistant sealing for the overt tactical vest, and a lighter durable, wear resistant sealing for the covert concealed vest.