Elon Musk Bought 9.2% of Twiter

I honestly don’t understand why anyone cares. At all…

Elon isn’t some firebrand conservative,
Correct, more of a Libertarian/Free Speech advocate

so I’m not sure why conservatives are acting like this is some coup for them.

Because conservatives are usually victims of the "fact checker Army". Eliminating the opinion checkers gives a dissenting voice opportunities to be heard.
. Idk why liberals are upset.
They are pissed because conservative politicians now can be heard without being muzzled by opinion checkers.

Correct, more of a Libertarian/Free Speech advocate

Because conservatives are usually victims of the "fact checker Army". Eliminating the opinion checkers gives a dissenting voice opportunities to be heard.

They are pissed because conservative politicians now can be heard without being muzzled by opinion checkers.

Has any of that happened. Are you sure it will?

Trump getting booted off happened.
NY Post had their account suspended because they linked the Hunter Biden laptop story
Numerous people getting banned/suspended over vaccine articles, so yeah it's happened.
Just not to people on your side.

I don’t think you answered what I asked.

Did any of those people get reinstated?

Are they for sure going to be?

Counting on Musk to be some messiah for the things you believe in is a cognitive dissonance in its own right.

Trump posts demonstrably false information regularly. I’m not sure they are going to start letting absolute bullshit get posted from people who are verified users, free speech or not.

I don’t have a side. I don’t like Trump, but that isn’t exactly a side. It isn’t good vs evil or L vsR. You need to grow up and realize this isn’t about sides. Things today are about what is good for America .I believe Trump and his ilk were/are bad for America. I considered myself moderate pre-Trump, and I defy you to show otherwise. Trump in a way pushed me farther left. A lack of Trump has brought me much closer to the center, and some of the identity politics have brought me further to the right. Like that infographic showed I haven’t moved, while progressive politics have moved further from what I identify with.

I don’t post much political stuff now. Because other than a few random outliers here, I mostly agree with what has been posted since I returned. I was never very progressive by current cultural norms. I am severely anti Trump. I will remain so. I feel like anyone who values their integrity, conservative or liberal, should feel the same way.

I gotta ask. In what way was Trump bad for America? Please help me out here so I won't vote for the guy a 6th time.

Do you think American was better off in 2021 when he left office than it was in 2017 when he took office?

Do you think American was better off in 2021 when he left office than it was in 2017 when he took office?
I believe we were better off with Trump in office. Everything has gone to shit under Biden. Under Trump we were energy independent, and gas was a buck seventy-five a gallon. Under Biden we are not, and gas is nearly 5 dollars a gallon average. Because of the democrats' green new deal our country is going to shit. Why do I say that because they want us to suffer. Why do they want us to suffer so we'll invest in electric cars and green energy. Not even mentioning the withdrawal in Afghanistan or the 84 billion in equipment we gave the Taliban.

What about Biden checking his watch when the bodies of Americans that died in the Stan were being offloaded.
1651328397971.png

How about the embarrassment of Biden on the world stage? Shaking hands with air and wondering around lost or being told where to go by the easter bunny.

Or even his transportation guy Pete Buttigieg Taking paternity leave while our countries supply lines turn to shit.

Our borders were more secure under Trump and our country was a safer place to live. Now we got a new supreme court justice who can't even define what a man or woman is.

EVERYTHING goes to shit under democratic woke progressive leadership.

Honestly...there's hardly a clear answer. For any president. You can judge a presidency, any of them, overall, but I think the gravitas of the discussion deserves a LOT of context and granularity.

I'm old enough to remember Reagan (as a kid so I lack some worldliness there), but can honestly look at every president and see both the good and bad. I genuinely think you can too and do as matter of course, even if we disagree on what "good" looks like.

All presidents do good things and bad. What makes a "good" president can be subjective. For me, Trump is such a wild example of extremes (and almost any discussion of the man becomes high-order emotional) that his presidency is probably the most explosive of any in our country's history. We as a society have arrived at a point where saying Trump did x right is viewed by many as approval of his presidency and other actions. The people who do that are idiots, but here we are.

The more controversial the person, the more you have to dig and the more granular we have to make our observations. Me, I think he was on the positive side of the ledger until the 2020 election and then the wheels fell off.

While not an admin, I think a post-Trump discussion deserves its own thread. Musk and Twitter are more than enough to keep this one going.

Honestly...there's hardly a clear answer. For any president. You can judge a presidency, any of them, overall, but I think the gravitas of the discussion deserves a LOT of context and granularity.

I'm old enough to remember Reagan (as a kid so I lack some worldliness there), but can honestly look at every president and see both the good and bad. I genuinely think you can too and do as matter of course, even if we disagree on what "good" looks like.

All presidents do good things and bad. What makes a "good" president can be subjective. For me, Trump is such a wild example of extremes (and almost any discussion of the man becomes high-order emotional) that his presidency is probably the most explosive of any in our country's history. We as a society have arrived at a point where saying Trump did x right is viewed by many as approval of his presidency and other actions. The people who do that are idiots, but here we are.

The more controversial the person, the more you have to dig and the more granular we have to make our observations. Me, I think he was on the positive side of the ledger until the 2020 election and then the wheels fell off.

While not an admin, I think a post-Trump discussion deserves its own thread. Musk and Twitter are more than enough to keep this one going.
This will be a short conversation. I don't think it'll go on for more than 20 pages. 8-)

Back