Erdogan’s guards clash with protesters outside Turkish ambassador’s D.C. residence

Pump the brakes,

I'm going out on a limb comfortably saying that armed guards of the Turkish president - regardless of how Turkey is ran, do not want to just get out of the car and kick the shit out of some Americans on American soil. Something happened beyond what the story is saying.

I thought the same thing, but the video evidence I saw seems to indicate that's pretty much exactly what happened. I'm sure there were some provocative words or signs (I don't speak Turkish) but I didn't see any of the protesters instigating anything physical. And even if they did, that doesn't green light running across the street and kicking the shit out of people who are already down and not a threat to you. Additionally, these security types have apparently done this kind of thing before.

I thought the same thing, but the video evidence I saw seems to indicate that's pretty much exactly what happened. I'm sure there were some provocative words or signs (I don't speak Turkish) but I didn't see any of the protesters instigating anything physical. And even if they did, that doesn't green light running across the street and kicking the shit out of people who are already down and not a threat to you. Additionally, these security types have apparently done this kind of thing before.

Somehow I don't see Turkish security agent vetting as thorough as, say, an applicant for DoS DS Special Agent, with background checks up the wazoo, probationary periods, restrictive ROE etc etc. I imagine it more something like this:

"Let uz zee..." says the interrogator, holding his cigarette between his thumb and forefinger. "Your name iz Alpo Dluk...I zee here you claim to haf clonked 43 peeplezon ze head wiz a sandbag in ze past two years. Goot. You vill do. Sign here."

Somehow I don't see Turkish security agent vetting as thorough as, say, an applicant for DoS DS Special Agent, with background checks up the wazoo, probationary periods, restrictive ROE etc etc. I imagine it more something like this:

"Let uz zee..." says the interrogator, holding his cigarette between his thumb and forefinger. "Your name iz Alpo Dluk...I zee here you claim to haf clonked 43 peeplezon ze head wiz a sandbag in ze past two years. Goot. You vill do. Sign here."

You are probably closer to the truth than we suspect. Bouncers-turned-bodyguards and all.

That stuff you do to cows?

View attachment 18758

North Carolina was barbecuing when Montezuma's babies were running around what is present-day Texas....

I didn't say we invented it, I sad we perfected it. I've ate that crap y'all Carolinans call barbecue. It sucks.

Nevermind Texas being known throughout the globe for our perfected BBQ!

I dunno. When someone says Texas I think of Walker Texas Ranger, big hats and the Dallas Stars.

Dude, really? Bring your silly sounding self over here to Texas, we're know for a few things. Our hospitality is second to none, we love to barbecue, drink beer, raise hell, chase beautiful women, and swing them around a dance floor until they start taking their clothes off.

BBQ's, Rodeos, dance halls and wide open spaces to do as you please. And if you act right, we might even let you shoot a machine gun.;-)

ETA: Fucking Chuck Norris dude, everyone loves Chuck. Yes we wear hats, yes we wear boots, yes there are a few caddies with bull horns on the grille, and yes we still ride horses every now and again. Yes we are all armed to the teeth, yes we actually talk and sound like that. And yes, Texas culture is very unique and different.

Last edited:

So from what I was told, presidential security is a unit within the Gendarmerie and they're not like the most presidential security units with a crazy amount of extra vetting and what not. Also...Erdogan's detail gets into fisticuffs very often with protesters when on State visits.

Back