Evening

Nick100

Unverified
Thought I'd brief you all about myself,

not like I had a choice :p...

For starters, you can call me Nick. Tough stuff to remember. Guy works, F.N.G., Rookie, whatever floats your boat friend-o. I'm currently in the volunteer field, attempting to get into my local First Aid Squad (pretty much an EMS, you need to be qualified with 120 hours and certified as an EMT-B or something) but as a sort of "test" I got into being a volunteer firefighter. Washing the trucks is dangerous... by God you could get wet! Ah!

Other than that, I'm just your typical adrenaline junkie trying to make it through high school relatively intact and hit 18. Sooner, the better. As for lurking around the boards, It's actually been quite a goal of mine- or well, I should say, not a goal but my overall achievement to get out there and save lives in the military. I'm keen on service, but not just anything would do. Not to say I'd have a problem becoming a Corpsman, they've got moxxy- way more then me right now, or say your typical Army 68W (don't kill me if I'm wrong)... I'm just looking to be "the best" and obviously that can't be attained without hard work, commitment and the whole she-bang. We're not just talking a 5-to-9 job here. We're talking making a check out to America for my life and up. But I'm intent to reduce the amount that go through for others who've written them out, too. Civilian or military. (I.E. I'd like to bring people home, save lives.)

So in layman's term: I'm interested in the United State's Air Force Special Operation Command's Pararescue Pipeline and eventually becoming some of the best, most professional individuals in the booming business of war. (Not that it's a good business.) 1T2X1; These Things We Do, That Others May Live.

No need to tell me, sir. Got a pair of eyes ;-)

Thanks for snuggly welcome.

Nick... a point of advice - please check the attitude at the door - you are 17 y/o who is thinking about doing what the people you are asking advice from have done and are doing... you may just have gotten the eyes and ears of your future instructors, and not in a good way.

First impressions count, and right now yours is not the best.... Make me change my mind.

Nick... a point of advice - please check the attitude at the door - you are 17 y/o who is thinking about doing what the people you are asking advice from have done and are doing... you may just have gotten the eyes and ears of your future instructors, and not in a good way.

First impressions count, and right now yours is not the best.... Make me change my mind.

Sorry about that sirs, didn't mean it in the way of "don't tell me" meant it more as a "will do, will check before asking stupid questions"... it was 100% appreciated from the Ranger sir.

So once more, sorry about that Goon, only meant that I'll use it wisely and make sure not to waste your time. As for everyone else, thanks for your service and sorry about being a pretty sarcastic SOB, it tends to get over me.

As for Firemedic, thanks for the "tip" sir, it's appreciated :thumbsup:

Welcome, that had to be one of the most smarmy, pompous intros this year...for a teen who's not accomplished much.

Rereading my initial post, I can see what you're talking about sir. I'd say I tried too hard and ended up looking like a douche trying to get one-over. Not sure how to edit, unfortunately, but I guess I'll have to look forward to the future.

Welcome

Seems like you might be teachable. Continue on that course and you'll go far, both in the EMS world and in the military.

LL

Back