Ex-CIA agent: Waterboarding 'saved lives'

If it was an issue of concern, an internal committee should have been dispatched to review it.

You need checks and balances in a democracy. Having any administration policing themselves isn't good for the democratic process. I've said it about different issues but I think this issue applies as well. You need to look at policies and judge them as if someone you didn't like was President. Would you be happy if Hilary was President and keeping this or many other issue like domestic surveillance secret?

You need checks and balances in a democracy. Having any administration policing themselves isn't good for the democratic process. I've said it about different issues but I think this issue applies as well. You need to look at policies and judge them as if someone you didn't like was President. Would you be happy if Hilary was President and keeping this or many other issue like domestic surveillance secret?

Yes I would be happy if they kept it secret. For some reason we (not me) as Americans seem to think that we have the right to know every single little thing that goes on in the government. This country has enemies and we are at war. Even before 9/11 we were at war, just no body except the ones fighting it new about it. When you are at war you do not give the enemy your play book so that they can review and prepare for it, even a 10 year old playing football knows this. Our enemies have cable and the Internet, every time some ass clown leaks some information that "the people have the right to know about" our enemies know about it and look for ways to exploit it.

But yet for some reason idiots like the New York times and CNN think that its there job to "break the big story". Who cares if it gets an agent killed, or a Team in the field ambushed. I do damn it, because I still have friends that are in the field both overtly and covertly, and the last thing I want to hear is that they got smoked because some jack ass in the media had to get the big story.

There are things that go on that the average American/ civilian does not need to know about because they can't understand them. That is why we have people like the men and women on this site, because we do understand what needs to happen and why. We understand how real and how close the threat is. I have and would be willing to do things that most people couldn't even think of because I have been trained to do so. Our brain functions in a completely different way then those we protect, and maybe that's a good thing. But those that we protect need to understand just like my wife and most of my family does that there are things that don't get talked about for their safety and peace of mind. They are sheep we are wolves, they don't need to know how we hunt they just need to know that we keep them safe :2c:

Yes I would be happy if they kept it secret. For some reason we (not me) as Americans seem to think that we have the right to know every single little thing that goes on in the government. This country has enemies and we are at war. Even before 9/11 we were at war, just no body except the ones fighting it new about it. When you are at war you do not give the enemy your play book so that they can review and prepare for it, even a 10 year old playing football knows this. Our enemies have cable and the Internet, every time some ass clown leaks some information that "the people have the right to know about" our enemies know about it and look for ways to exploit it.

But yet for some reason idiots like the New York times and CNN think that its there job to "break the big story". Who cares if it gets an agent killed, or a Team in the field ambushed. I do damn it, because I still have friends that are in the field both overtly and covertly, and the last thing I want to hear is that they got smoked because some jack ass in the media had to get the big story.

There are things that go on that the average American/ civilian does not need to know about because they can't understand them. That is why we have people like the men and women on this site, because we do understand what needs to happen and why. We understand how real and how close the threat is. I have and would be willing to do things that most people couldn't even think of because I have been trained to do so. Our brain functions in a completely different way then those we protect, and maybe that's a good thing. But those that we protect need to understand just like my wife and most of my family does that there are things that don't get talked about for their safety and peace of mind. They are sheep we are wolves, they don't need to know how we hunt they just need to know that we keep them safe :2c:
Well said.

As a civilian, I don't want or need to know how and why things are done, just that they have the same end result: we retain the freedoms granted us by the Constitution.

At the risk of sounding redundant because this aspect really nerves me, the media played a positive and limited role in WWII, and it was a good thing. The media in general today provide nothing but negativity and promote disdain for those putting their asses on the line for their rights to print their negativity.

When it comes to policing agencies and their activities, I don't believe it should fall on the hands of every citizen to do so when we have limited and twisted information, information to which we shouldn't be privy to begin with. It's war, it's uglier than I'll ever know, and there's a reason for that.

Back