CONUS Employment FAA Air Traffic Controller

@TLDR20 - is that real???

To add...if it is, those ATC dudes are amazingly cool at stress management.

@TLDR20 - is that real???

To add...if it is, those ATC dudes are amazingly cool at stress management.

They are not real. There are some pretty funny ones that are obviously based on real encounters. Anyone can listen to ATC, so some guys have found some pretty funny ones. There is a dude at JFK who is damn funny.

Over NYC of all places. I'd like to have head her over DC, they would have launched on her. She could loose her ticket over her actions.

Yeah, again not real. And I think it was a guy. You would be suprised how terrible some pilots are with their radio comms. I was lucky that I trained at a pretty busy Class C airspace at RDU, some guys only fly out of small towered or Non-towered airports all the way from private to Commercial.

ATC really are some of the best pro's out there. They never lose their cool for the most part, and work their ass off.

My buddy, the same one who told me about the 1,400 openings, is an ATC. He prevented a wreck from happening between two jets when one began to taxi on a runway without proper clearance as one with clearance began to takeoff.

ATC really are some of the best pro's out there. They never lose their cool for the most part, and work their ass off.

It's a no shit high pressure job. Most jobs have some down time where you can let your mind wander off just a little, or think on another problem. The tin pushers are on the edge all the time. You could hear the flight stacks clicking and sliding from time to time.

You could be right about the gender of the voice, when pilots get reved up, the pitch really changes. It changes enough that you not recognize your own voice. I clearly heard the request for change to VFR . The pilot continues to be an air space threat, and then denies the VFR request. The phome number the pilot will get is an FAA number, and the pilot ATC exchange will likely be reviewed. What an ass!

Last edited:
Back