Falkland Islands to Argentina?

mike_cos

Folgore
Verified Military
Everyone knows this is the beginning of... nothing. The Argie government is just using this to distract their citizens from more important issues at home. They don't have the means or the will to go to war with Britain again, especially since they're still using decades old technology/equipment. There's a lot more to it than that, but it would be a waste of time to go further into it since nothing's going to happen. You can read more about it here though: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17157373

Regardless, the Argies can fuck off because the people of the Falkland Islands have consistently voted that they want to stay under British rule.

I'm a huge Pink Floyd and Roger Waters fan, however he is an uber liberal hippie fuck. He tried to slam Israel during a concert of his I went to, the crowd booed him quite a lot and he shut up and played his music after that.

He has NO say in fucking politics.
The British were the first land on the Falklands, first to claim it and they established the first settlement.
The Falklands are populated by British people who want to remain British.

The British kicked Argentina's ass in 1982 for their illegal invasion of the Falklands.

There is no case for Argentina.

Argentina is just stirring up shit because they want the rights to the resources around the Falklands. There's some big resource projects on the go there and in the future will provide a good revenue stream.

This witch. Im not a fan of cheese of any kind. :sick:

You should see this awesome "artisanal" blue cheese I just got then. ;) It looks and smells like a pair old wooly socks that lost the battle to foot fungus but it tastes like pure heaven.

Oh and sorry for the hijack. Back to our regular scheduled programming.

I wonder if musicians, comedian, and actors will ever begin to understand that no one gives a hoot about what they think just because they're famous?

Whatever gets your name on the news or on the internet though, right? Sell outs :-"...

Argentina claiming the Falklands would be like the US trying to claim the Bahamas just because Miami is >200 nautical miles from Nassau. The islands were uninhabited when the Europeans landed there. Even though the French surrendered their settlement to Spain, that doesn't really change the fact that the British got there first. Vernet didn't give two shits about the land, all he wanted was to make money clubbing seals about the head (and he did a rather miserable job at that). As far as I'm concerned, the British are completely in the right in asserting their presence in the Falklands. The inhabitants want to remain subjects of the crown, so let them. Argentina can go piss up a rope.

ETA, and so can Roger Waters.

Wait...did RK just bust out with some seemingly obscure history to illustrate her point? And her post contained only one slightly vulgar comment?

What just happened?

Back