For all you TACP types...

RAGE275

Ranger
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
So I'm joining the GA Air Guard as a TACP here in Savannah (Garden City), and I had some questions pertaining the Air Guard VS Active, as well as some job related stuff like career progression and the sort. If one of you wouldn't mind messaging me so I can pick your brain, I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks much!

SOWT, Yea I had tried becoming a member to the site, but unfortunately the admins on there I don't think are as proactive as they are here. So I've been waiting for about a week for my account to be activated so that way I can log in lol.

DJM, just got it, thanks much brother!

Just out of curiosity, what types of fields would require such skills that TACPs have after leaving the military? What kind of careers would be open to them?

Just out of curiosity, what types of fields would require such skills that TACPs have after leaving the military? What kind of careers would be open to them?
Communications, computer skills, leadership experience, plus college bennies.

Communications, computer skills, leadership experience, plus college bennies.
Communications was the big one I could think of. Thanks for the reply! A fellow student in my school has been looking into TACP.

What a great job. Those guys get deployed all the time and do great work. A friend of mines son is one and he has deployed more than I would like to count. In fact we met up one time on one of his deployments in Bagram for a drink or two. Great people and a great job.

So I'm joining the GA Air Guard as a TACP here in Savannah (Garden City), and I had some questions pertaining the Air Guard VS Active, as well as some job related stuff like career progression and the sort. If one of you wouldn't mind messaging me so I can pick your brain, I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks much!

Hit me up...I'll try and answer any questions you have...hopefully you are on your way!!!

Back