Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse in Baltimore

Brother works IT management for big payroll firm. Rather than hire a Jr. American head shed asks for 3 Indians. No knock on indians, I'm sure they have guys that are U.S. or better trained, but the average developer they get is trash. Bro says he spends 30+ hours/wk between him and American dev under him fixing their F'd up code. And my brother is no America 1st type of dude.
I believe it. I'm in an environment that is full of students from India. A handful are awesome, the vast majority need to go back though. Between the clannishness, incompetence, poor hygiene, overt cheating, literal shit on toilet seats, and horrendous social attitudes... yeah. They bring disease and bedbugs into the town too. So much so, that I decon every time I leave the college. It's exhausting, I legit hate multiculturalism now.

Btw, sorry if I sound like an angry old man. A lot of these students are sold pipe dreams and the colleges are making bank on them. Some are high caste wastes of skin that just wanna grift here. It's insane.

Last edited:
H1B visas are ruining the STEM sector at a time we're telling kids to get a STEM degree.

H1B visa numbers from 2017. 2015 and 2016 are basically same.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default...titions-by-gender-country-of-birth-fy2019.pdf

Anyway, the results are shoc....no, they aren't. India clocks in for around 3 out of every 4 applicants and China is 1 out of every 10. Those 2 nations account for 86.3% of H1B visa applicants.

https://visagrader.com/visa-approvals-and-refusals/H1B

Since 2019 you are basically guaranteed a visa, especially if you are from India or China.

If we keep flooding the country with H1B's from 3rd world nations like India and enemies like China were going to see more of these events happen.

H1B visas are ruining the STEM sector at a time we're telling kids to get a STEM degree.

H1B visa numbers from 2017. 2015 and 2016 are basically same.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default...titions-by-gender-country-of-birth-fy2019.pdf

Anyway, the results are shoc....no, they aren't. India clocks in for around 3 out of every 4 applicants and China is 1 out of every 10. Those 2 nations account for 86.3% of H1B visa applicants.

https://visagrader.com/visa-approvals-and-refusals/H1B

Since 2019 you are basically guaranteed a visa, especially if you are from India or China.
They're all over the higher education sector too. Imagine learning math, chemistry, engineering, or coding from these people. Half the time they can't even lecture properly in English or they're going through another instructors lesson plan without understanding what they are doing. :-o:mad:

Last edited:
They're all over the higher education sector too. Imagine learning math, chemistry, engineering, or coding from these people.....

I have mentioned this on here before. The school/hospital for which I work has a very proliferate Chinese student population; per capita, one of the highest in the country at like universities. A friend of mine, former SA with the FBI, said that one in three has ties to Chinese military or Chinese intelligence, with the major goals of recruitment and academic espionage.

I have mentioned this on here before. The school/hospital for which I work has a very proliferate Chinese student population; per capita, one of the highest in the country at like universities. A friend of mine, former SA with the FBI, said that one in three has ties to Chinese military or Chinese intelligence, with the major goals of recruitment and academic espionage.
Yup. It's infuriating.

2nd the poor hygiene. Got shit on for being one of the only guys at a clinic when doc was pissing on the toilet seats. Thats elementary level shit...

Prayers for the familes of the missing. I hope they get some sort of payout, as insurance scratch is about the only good thing that can come of this.

No.

While the anchor would have likely been long enough to touch bottom (drawing 40’ in a 50’ channel), it would have been ineffective. A 100KT ship already moving at just over 7kts is not going to stop on a dime or run a slalom course with lives at stake atop the slalom gates. Had the anchor bit immediately, it would not have had any effect great enough to stop the collision. The distance required to stop that vessel would be a few miles.

Considering the pilot radioed a mayday advising of loss of propulsion/steerage leading to a possible collision, the few hands on board would likely not have made it in time to manually release the anchor, should there have even been enough hands available to do the job, because they were handling bigger issues while already close to the bridge.

I’m not a mariner, but several in my dad’s family were, and I got the safety briefings when it came to swimming and boating in Mobile Bay and showing due caution and respect for the shipping channel, i.e. “big boats can kill like big trains, here’s how.”
I think your right on. And they've been talking about this how ships are twice or 3 times as big as when these bridges were built. So the code for them doesn't fit with the vessels traveling through them now. No one thought we needed the infastructure bill to update and fix bridges, shows how wrong everyone was. Just like the lobbyist that went to Trump to get rid of Obama's policy of electronic brakes on trains that were way safer but cost the train company way more $ to install and trump got rid of Obama's policy for them and then the Ohio train derailment happened. This was the 3rd ship bridge collision in the world in 2024 already with ppl killed. Bridges need to be updated to handle these massive ships. The key bridge looked like it has no bumper or barrier whatsoever.

One of these days we’ll have a beer and talk about this. I feel you.

Baltimore bridge collapse puts the highly specialized role of ship's pilot under the spotlight

Per the article, there were 2 pilots on board. Based on this, sounds like they just got dealt a bad hand:

"The ship sent out a mayday call, which gave just enough time for authorities to close the bridge to traffic and likely prevented further deaths. The lead pilot also dropped an anchor, issued steering commands and called for help from nearby tugboats, according to a preliminary timeline outlined by the National Transportation Safety Board."

Back