From Delta to Pharmacist--Helping Vets Fight Addiction

policemedic

Verified SWAT
This is pretty inspiring. He's facing quite a challenge; I have a large VA medical center in my district and many of the vets I encounter have some type of substance abuse issue. Sometimes this is not of their making--they're victims of poorly planned pain management for legitimate injuries--but sometimes it's the result of poor choices they made. He'll not want for people to help. Here's hoping he succeeds.

'Black Hawk Down' veteran now deployed in fight against opioids

This is pretty inspiring. He's facing quite a challenge; I have a large VA medical center in my district and many of the vets I encounter have some type of substance abuse issue. Sometimes this is not of their making--they're victims of poorly planned pain management for legitimate injuries--but sometimes it's the result of poor choices they made. He'll not want for people to help. Here's hoping he succeeds.

'Black Hawk Down' veteran now deployed in fight against opioids

Totally, fully, and completely agree that substance abuse is very frequently the result of poorly planned pain management, and regardless of the 'cause,' NO one plans to become addicted.

Major props for his desire to get into the fight. That fight needs more soldiers.

Back