From Marine Corps to Army?

Mor13

Unverified
Good morning everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted and a few things have changed. So last year I was talking to a MARSOC recruiter and looking forward to beginning the journey towards that area of the Marine Corps. Sadly, this new tattoo policy doesn't allow me to do any b billets due to my leg sleeve I had before I joined. (Paragraph 4b when it comes out, General Neller himself informed us at New River). My career planner also told me re enlisting will be just as challenging.

So I've been looking at the Army and going in with an option 40. Now back when I was talking to a recruiter before I joined and around 4 months ago, PS Marines have only been getting 18x contracts with no leniency. Ive been trying to find info on this and so far absolutely no luck. I'd just like to know if getting an option 40 is a possibility or if it ever happens in general.

Much appreciated and all have a good and safe Memorial Day weekend.

There are several threads here already posted that address exactly what you're asking.

How far out are you from your EAS?

There are several threads here already posted that address exactly what you're asking.

How far out are you from your EAS?
Still struggling to find any that fit my current situation, i'll keep digging.
I EAS Dec 15 2018 but I'll be going on a MEU next summer during which I'll have no career planner and only 6-8 months left in the Marine Corps.

Back