Gallagher on Vigilance Elite

Holy fuck, I'm @ 2:28:00. Wow... NCIS and the Navy did Gallagher dirty. The smooth brains who raided Gallagher's house, terrorized his kids, and then held them hostage, can all eat a huge bag of dicks.

Idiots.

Is it simply 5 hours of Gallagher spinning his version of events?

I envision plenty of this....

Mehhh, dude should've never been given a platoon. Listening to how he dealt with internal squabbling and normal bullshit made me cringe. Sounds like he was a helluva SEAL but lacked some very basic leadership skills for the position he was filling. And how in the fuck do you become Cheif Petty Officer without ever having filled a leadership position?

That all said, yeah he got fucked pretty hard. I'm not sure that I buy the bullshit he is selling as far as what they did with that dead ISIS fighter. But even so, that wasn't no reason to fuck with him, his family and career the way that they did.

My $.02

Mehhh, dude should've never been given a platoon. Listening to how he dealt with internal squabbling and normal bullshit made me cringe. Sounds like he was a helluva SEAL but lacked some very basic leadership skills for the position he was filling. And how in the fuck do you become Cheif Petty Officer without ever having filled a leadership position?

That all said, yeah he got fucked pretty hard. I'm not sure that I buy the bullshit he is selling as far as what they did with that dead ISIS fighter. But even so, that wasn't no reason to fuck with him, his family and career the way that they did.

My $.02

You get to be a chief petty officer the same way one can become a master sergeant versus a first sergeant. I know a crap ton who never were in charge of any more than three or four people much less served as a division LPO. There's so many people in the Navy that are technicians and not leaders, that is an area that they really fall down on.

Brevity is one's friend. I may watch it in segments at some point, but that is way too long to keep me interested in whatever point they are trying to drive home to the viewer -- especially in one sitting. They would have done better to split it up and see what type of viewership the first segment received.

Not the Gallagher I originally envisioned ;)

gallagher smash the like GIF by Scott Gelber

We all already knew they were out to get him, innocent or not.
Yep... what disgusted me was how 'our' forces stooped so low as to drag Gallagher's family into it, especially his kids. His 8 -10 year old son's @2:20:00-ish interview and the ensuing terror campaign NCIS played with his family blew me away.

If anything, NCIS and Gallagher's 'leaders' are a prime example of power corrupting men. After hearing Gallagher's story, I believe the social contract between the common man and their elected/appointed leaders is in tatters. It took a sitting President to help fix Gallagher's situation, that's insanity.

Add on: Edited for brevity.

Last edited:
Legit, how many of you guys actually paid attention and watched the whole thing? Or did you just post your opinion based on what you thought he would say? Especially looking back at the stuff we all heard on the news that was blown out of proportion, as well as everything that has been said even amoung us on this site; it might be wise for us to have an honest reflection on what we had to say about Eddie that turned out to be slanderous BS.

I also watched the whole thing and very much enjoyed it. I like Shawn Ryan’s interviews as they feel much more intimate and candid.

My absolute favorite so far, such an interesting insight into that world.
totally.

I think we should just recruit, organize and equip a force made up of relatives of people murdered by the cartels- I'm sure you could find hundreds of thousands of people who would do this- and give them air support. These cartels are so violent that the only answer is to annihilate them in totality. Mexican military is already compromised so the only way is to raise a new force and I feel that a force of blood-thirsty and vengeful soldiers would be less susceptible to corruption.

Wow that was way off topic, lol.

Back