Game On! Attacks Signals Start of Taliban "Spring Offensive"

OK, thats 8, one more and i'm going after Mullah Omar myself.

We only had 3 or 4 tonight. My entire shop lives and works in the same building...so the commander wanted us to wake up everyone for 100% accountibility.

He stood in the hallway and watched us do it. :rolleyes:

We only had 3 or 4 tonight. My entire shop lives and works in the same building...so the commander wanted us to wake up everyone for 100% accountibility.

Never know, someone could have snuck off to Greenbeans or BK for a Motarounder with cheese.

True Story: Doing Bosnia in 2002, one of two AF in the Army Hq (meaning the other 63 AF worked on the Airfield). AF had phones in every bunker for accountability. My (Army) Bunker had a runner (who didn't give a shit about AF procedures,LOL). Every bunker drill had 64/64 accounted for on the AF side. Got my ass chewed every time for not calling in. G2 took pity on me and moved me into the Command Bunker.

ugh, yeah I'm getting the same kind of crap here, new/incompetent NCOs who are trying to look good in front of everyone by making loud noises and sounding official.

Good job on the Brits!
UK Troops Crucial In Ending Kabul Attack

British Special Forces were critical in bringing the Taliban attack in Kabul on Sunday and Monday to an end, despite NATO commanders insisting that the Afghans countered the attack without help.

According to Sky News sources, a unit of British Special Boat Service (SBS) troops were among the Afghan soldiers who stormed the building where the Taliban fighters were hiding.

N6G3M.jpg

The building, a construction site in the heart of Kabul, was raided at about 7am local time on Monday morning. TV footage shows a number of troops, who appear to be wearing Afghan military uniform, scaling the outside of the building.

Check video: Click!

But according to Sky sources, members of the Royal Marines elite SBS unit led the assault. There are reports that they were wearing Afghan military fatigues rather than their own British uniform.

Read more here...

Back