Getting into the military with PDD-NOS...

If a doctor signed off PDD-NOS as a misdiagnosis and gave me a nicer lable like ADHD or something like that. Would this whole thing cease to be an issue in the eyes of the military?

Are you fucking kidding me?! Did you do as we suggested and talk to your/another recruiter? tell him what we suggested and say no I won't lie and see what he says?

What have YOU done? If you are trolling us for info and doing nothing yourself... well it better not be the case.

tell me now it isn't and tell me what you've done.

thanks.

If a doctor signed off PDD-NOS as a misdiagnosis and gave me a nicer lable like ADHD or something like that. Would this whole thing cease to be an issue in the eyes of the military?

It's apparent that you have a REAL desire to serve your Country, I personally commend you for that :).

Perhaps you should really consider the recommendations here for full disclosure; or find another route to Service, not all Service to ones' Country is Military and there are other very honorable Professions where your medical issue may not be considered a problem.

Or continue to hound your recruiter, another recruiter etc, untill they find someone that will waiver you.

Or if it's not a problem at all take the time to get cleared of the diagnosis entirely.

I think the key here is if it REALLY is a misdiagnosis then absolutely get it changed. If the condition has changed, then get an update.

Take a look at the theme here, everyone feels your pain; but they don't advise you to resorting to dishonesty is all.

G-Luck :)

Are you fucking kidding me?! Did you do as we suggested and talk to your/another recruiter? tell him what we suggested and say no I won't lie and see what he says?

What have YOU done? If you are trolling us for info and doing nothing yourself... well it better not be the case.

tell me now it isn't and tell me what you've done.

thanks.

I pretty much broke off all ties with him. He insisted I would never be able to get in unless I lied. I just didn't call him after that and he hasn't called me since.

I have decided to focus on getting those 15 college credits and getting this thing signed off before I go to see another recruiter.

It's apparent that you have a REAL desire to serve your Country, I personally commend you for that :).

Perhaps you should really consider the recommendations here for full disclosure; or find another route to Service, not all Service to ones' Country is Military and there are other very honorable Professions where your medical issue may not be considered a problem.

Or continue to hound your recruiter, another recruiter etc, untill they find someone that will waiver you.

Or if it's not a problem at all take the time to get cleared of the diagnosis entirely.

I think the key here is if it REALLY is a misdiagnosis then absolutely get it changed. If the condition has changed, then get an update.

Take a look at the theme here, everyone feels your pain; but they don't advise you to resorting to dishonesty is all.

G-Luck :)

My desire is not only to serve my country but to be a warrior. I want to be in spec ops so I can engage my countries enemies. I really feel like crap sitting around doing almost nothing when their is a war going on.

The thought of not being allowed to fight in this war because of one little lable I got as kid really troubles me.

If you have issues with recruiters and their integrity, I would at a minimum bring your issues (and with them, the proposed solutions from your recruiter) to the attention of the station commander. :2c:

Good man, I commend you for that.

I pretty much broke off all ties with him. He insisted I would never be able to get in unless I lied. I just didn't call him after that and he hasn't called me since.

I have decided to focus on getting those 15 college credits and getting this thing signed off before I go to see another recruiter.

My desire is not only to serve my country but to be a warrior. I want to be in spec ops so I can engage my countries enemies. I really feel like crap sitting around doing almost nothing when their is a war going on.

The thought of not being allowed to fight in this war because of one little lable I got as kid really troubles me.

Classic. :D

Back